GDT: UFC Fight Night: Ortega vs. The Korean Zombie

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Ortega looked very, very good. I was skeptical of how seriously he had been taking fighting after the beating he took from Max, but he definitely shut me up. He clearly spent the time off working on his weaknesses, and it showed.

He's only 29 still too, could be scary for the rest of the division.

Reactions: CDJ

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Ortega vs Volkanovski could be an interesting fight...

I feel like Ortega may be more well rounded, but Volkanovski is the quicker, more athletic fighter

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
So pissed at zombie. All his talk of getting better and going to show the world his new tricks vs Ortega. Ortega bitch slaps his trainer. And after all that he comes out and just stands right in front of Ortega and does shit all the entire fight. Never once deviating from a clearly flawed strategy that obviously wasn't working. f*** you zombie. Ortega has to be my least favorite fighter dude is a complete shitbag Volkanovski is just going to destroy him w leg kicks like he always does. So no interest in watching that fight from me.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Only caught the main event. Very impressive win for Ortega especially after the long lay off. He seemed to really have Zombie confused. I'm not sure Zombie was completely there after the spinning elbow either. Kind of a let down of a fight, though. Maybe I had too high of expectations, but not as action packed as I thought it was going to be and definitely more one sided than I thought it was going to be.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but Ortega should have to win another fight before getting a title shot. It was a great win, but 1 win in 2 years after getting thrashed in his previous title shot doesn't seem title shot worthy to me.

But since it's most likely going to happen based on what Dana said, I don't like his chances against Volk. Ortega's wrestling sucks and Volk has good wrestling, so I don't think he'll be able to get him down and keep him down long enough to grab his neck. His striking looked really improved, but Volk is on a different level than the rest of the division besides arguably Max who he still beat twice. Zombie is not as blood and guts as he used to be, but he's not on that Volk-Max technical level. Ortega does have fight changing power and if he does somehow get ahold of your neck, he can finish you, so he has a couple ways to win, but I'd pick Volk pretty confidently.

Zombie-Max would be a great next fight for both of them.

Valentina-Andrade would make sense. Valentina would probably win easily, but Andrade is at least somewhat of a name.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
KZ basically confirming that he was done after the spinning back elbow, he has zero recollection of rounds 3-5

Makes sense, that finishes most people

Reactions: Chaels Arms

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad