Middleweight bout: John Phillips vs. Jun Yong Park
Lightweight bout: Jamie Mullarkey vs. Fares Ziam
Light Heavyweight bout: Gadzhimurad Antigulov vs. Maxim Grishin
Bantamweight bout: Mark Striegl vs. Said Nurmagomedov​

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ortega v Zombie is one of those fights I've been waiting on for a looooong time. Can't wait for that one.

Chookagian/Andrade is a solid fight. Hoping Andrade wins so we have a challenger for Shevchenko out of it.

Crute/Bukauskas is a pretty fun fight. It's kind of weird match-making as neither are very recognizable names but I think it's a pretty even matchup.

Claudio Silva has had his UFC career interrupted a couple times but he's looked awesome in every fight recently. He's one of only two guys who has a real win over Leon Edwards (along with Usman) though it was a really close fight. He's getting a bit old but there's no doubt he's legit on the ground. Krause is a cagey veteran but I really like Silva here.

Nice to see Almeida back in there. Been awhile since we've seen him and there was a time pre-Garbrandt when he was one of the hottest prospects in the UFC.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Jimmy Crute is a great, I always enjoy his fights

Silva vs Krause is sweet. Silva is the +135 underdog which is understandable to a degree but he’s never actually lost a fight. Def hammering that. Gamrot is a highly regarded prospect.

The main event is dope af

Chookagian is SO MUCH BIGGER than Andrade. Andrade is obviously strong as hell but I think Chookagian is gonna be able to keep her on the outside and pull off the upset.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Looking like everybody is gonna make weight again. Only ppl not to weigh in so far are Chookagian and John Phillips. If they don’t make weight I don’t really GAF

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Been looking forward to this main event for a long time. Whether it lives up to the hype or not probably depends on how Ortega looks after the time off. Holloway gave him one of the worst beatings we've seen in terms of significant strikes absorbed. That's the type of damage you need to take time off to recover from but it's also something that can change fighters. Hopefully he comes back as good, if not better, than he was previously.

I have no doubt TKZ will show up ready to go. The combination of how he has looked recently and the uncertainty with Ortega has me picking TKZ to win.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Got back from urgent care with 5 stitches over my eye, READY FOR SOME FIGHTS

weird stoppage btw. Kinda get it because Antigulov was literally doing nothing but eh whatever

I’ve got KZ by finish. Parlayed Crute/Grishin/Gamrot

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Decent card tonight. Looking forward to it

Just a heads up if you care about the prelims but it’s on right now, I know it started earlier than I thought. I was expecting 5 o clock but apparently it was 4. I guess I missed a pretty sweet KO

Reactions: m9

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
KZ did it quicker

Not nearly as emphatically. I'm just saying, don't sleep on Ortegas hands and I believe he is much better on the ground training with the Diaz's/Rener Gracie (even though Zombie is no slouch). I just don't see how Zombie wins this.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not nearly as emphatically. I'm just saying, don't sleep on Ortegas hands and I believe he is much better on the ground training with the Diaz's/Rener Gracie (even though Zombie is no slouch). I just don't see how Zombie wins this.

I do love me some Ortega but he looked pretty bad on the scales yesterday and I worry about what the Holloway fight did to him

he’s had plenty of time to recover though and it wouldn’t shock me At all if he gets a win

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I like Ortega a lot and he has a good chance to win if he looks the same or better than he did prior to the Holloway fight but TKZ is the better striker. He has also become a lot smarter with how he fights and doesn't just brawl anymore. You really can't see TKZ, who also has good takedown defense, outstriking Ortega for five rounds or just the three rounds he needs to win a decision? I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: m9

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Just a heads up if you care about the prelims but it’s on right now, I know it started earlier than I thought. I was expecting 5 o clock but apparently it was 4. I guess I missed a pretty sweet KO

Appreciate the heads up! I'm tuned in now

Reactions: CDJ

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
I had it 29-28 Ziam, great fight

Ziam looks good. Mullarkey has a tough last fight with Riddell too

Agree, first round was more dominant for Ziam than second rd was for Mullarkey, plus with all that ground control he did absolutely nothing. Plus Ziam reversed him twice.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
This has to be three 10-8's or maybe even worse in every round. Just complete domination by Park.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver

Talk about moving the goalposts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->