GDT: UFC Fight Night: Moraes vs. Sandhagen

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
30-27 Barboza.

Solid fight. A lot of fighters probably get finished by some of those punches.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I was rooting for Moraes but Sandhagen just made this tough by coming out to Gimme the Loot.

Moraes follows up with DMX. Can't go wrong with that either.

Reactions: VanillaCoke and CDJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Strong start for Sandhagen.

Edit: Strong finish too. He looked great.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Feels like the commentators are biased toward Sandhagen but I thought Moraes won that round.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
GREAT bounce back win from Sandhagen. Don't know if it's enough to get a rematch with Sterling should he beat Yan, but if Yan wins, he's the guy.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Great card.

Sandhagen looked great and that KO was awesome. Barboza looked good too.

Now lets put Ortega & Zombie in bubble wrap so they make it to next week.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is a contender for best knockout kick in MMA history...

I honestly have been wondering why nobody ever attempts it but I imagine it’s because if it misses youre f***ed

Props to Buckley for going for it and giving us a highlight we’ll probably remember for the rest of our MMA fandom

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Buckley said afterward he practices that kick a lot but has never had an opportunity to use it in the octagon before. He went right for that move without hesitation so I actually tend to believe him.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I did some research and Daukaus came in something like 17 lbs lighter for this one than he did his first fight in the Ufc a few months back. He’s for sure trying to get down to 205 and I think he will be able to do it

Reactions: m9

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
On rewatch as flashy as that Sandhagen KO was I think the stoppage was premature. Moraes wasn’t really dropped so much as he went into a back roll (clearly stunned) and then when Sandhagen jumped on him the shots didn’t look super clean. I wonder if the ref was influenced by the orbital stuff being yelled out, which would be dumb.

Thought it was a really good/competitive fight until then. Would rather have seen it continue or at least have some closure on that finish.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
On rewatch as flashy as that Sandhagen KO was I think the stoppage was premature. Moraes wasn’t really dropped so much as he went into a back roll (clearly stunned) and then when Sandhagen jumped on him the shots didn’t look super clean. I wonder if the ref was influenced by the orbital stuff being yelled out, which would be dumb.

Thought it was a really good/competitive fight until then. Would rather have seen it continue or at least have some closure on that finish.

I thought so too at first but upon re-watch I noticed how hurt Marlon actually was. Took him awhile to get to his feet. I think he got saved from some unnecessary damage (imo)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad