GDT: UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs. Oleinik

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lol how they gonna give out a 10-8 round when the dude landed like 4 significant strikes all fight

He’s still got great top control but I don’t see him posing a threat to most of the top 10 at MW

Reactions: ZDH

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Akhmedov might be the guy to fight Shahbazyan next.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Lol how they gonna give out a 10-8 round when the dude landed like 4 significant strikes all fight

He’s still got great top control but I don’t see him posing a threat to most of the top 10 at MW

No doubt. If anything, the 2nd round was the closest to a 10-8.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If lewis gets a KO it’s a very good night for me, if he does not it’s a very meh night for me

Oleinik is such a boomer coming out to this

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
The girl I’m seeing name dropped Oleinik the 2nd time we hung out and I almost proposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think they should aim lower with Weidman but he probably gets one of those Till, Brunson, or Romero (if he wins) types.

They could even do him v Hermansson since they were supposed to fight earlier this year.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
How do even score that round?

I'm surprised Lewis isn't keeping this standing and likely putting Oleinik away.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah, just do that. He could've done that in the first round too. Weird decision making aside, Lewis did what he needed to do and that's a solid win.

Blaydes vs. Lewis? I know Blaydes wants a title shot but he's stuck behind Ngannou. This probably isn't a good match up for Lewis but I don't know what else you do.

Reactions: I am not exposed

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yeah, just do that. He could've done that in the first round too. Weird decision making aside, Lewis did what he needed to do and that's a solid win.

Blaydes vs. Lewis? I know Blaydes wants a title shot but he's stuck behind Ngannou. This probably isn't a good match up for Lewis but I don't know what else you do.

Yeah, it's probably the only fight to make unless Ngannou wants to avenge his "loss".

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Nice win by Lewis! Weird strategy in round 1, round 2 was more like it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Weidman v Till next?

I just thought about this a bit and I really don’t want to see Weidman take that fight

Till has dropped Whittaker and Masvidal in the fights he’s lost recently and he’s dropped them early. If the same shot lands on Weidman he’s not getting up and from what I saw tonight Till is gonna land. It’s a good name for Till to add to his list tho...helps maintain star power. Could headline a fight night

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Was rooting for Oleinik simply because of his age lol, love Lewis as well. I enjoyed the grappling in Rd1, but the beast came alive in rd2 great KO. Not sure who Lewis fights next, he lost to the guy below him (JDS) at #5, Maybe Blaydes vs Lewis?

Ngannou is obviously the next in line for the title, if both Stipe and DC retire the winner of a Blaydes/Lewis should fight him for the belt even though yes Blaydes has already lost twice to Ngannou.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I just thought about this a bit and I really don’t want to see Weidman take that fight

Till has dropped Whittaker and Masvidal in the fights he’s lost recently and he’s dropped them early. If the same shot lands on Weidman he’s not getting up and from what I saw tonight Till is gonna land. It’s a good name for Till to add to his list tho...helps maintain star power. Could headline a fight night

Weidman would get put to sleep by Till, his chin and stamina is just not there. If Weidman got hit with anything in the 2nd or 3rd round tonight he'd have gone out. Weidman needs easy/average opponents before he retires. He has no business fighting the top of the division.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Performance bonuses went to Sanchez/Stewart/Holland/Tucker

Don’t know Dariush didn’t get some cash there....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad