GDT: UFC Fight Night: Gane vs. Tuivasa

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
While I understand the appeal of Tuivasa for many fans, I find it difficult to root for someone who's still embarrassingly flabby despite having been a UFC fighter for half a decade

What exactly are he and his trainers doing between fights?

If he committed himself to a year of hard training and healthy eating, he could fight at 205, which is likely his natural weight class

Also, I don't know who decides the UFC rankings, but having Tuivasa ahead of Blaydes just seems like someone's attempt within the UFC to capitalize on Tuivasa's popularity, and not based on merit

Tuivasa has beaten just 1 fighter ranked in the top 15
this is rich coming from the guy that accuses everybody that has a 6 pack of being on steroids.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
While I understand the appeal of Tuivasa for many fans, I find it difficult to root for someone who's still embarrassingly flabby despite having been a UFC fighter for half a decade

What exactly are he and his trainers doing between fights?

If he committed himself to a year of hard training and healthy eating, he could fight at 205, which is likely his natural weight class

Also, I don't know who decides the UFC rankings, but having Tuivasa ahead of Blaydes just seems like someone's attempt within the UFC to capitalize on Tuivasa's popularity, and not based on merit

Tuivasa has beaten just 1 fighter ranked in the top 15
Always the worst troll takes but this one is particularly confusing. Are you upset that you aren't attracted to Tuivasa's physique, and that's why he's hard to root for? If that's the case then you won't like half the ranked heavyweights becuase a lot of them lean closer to dad bod than they do 6 pack. You must have absolutely hated Daniel Cormier at all weights. But that's the luxury of fighting in heavyweight.

I actually don't disagree about the rankings though, he should never have been this high. I hate the whole replacing the guy you beat in the rankings thing. You shouldn't get to jump over guys that could shred you just because you have a punchers chance.

Reactions: Bunk Moreland

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016

Rankings now show Blaydes above tuivasa

Stipe is a 40 year old who's fought once in the last 2 years, and that was a KO loss 17 months ago

I'd rank him below Blaydes at this point

this is rich coming from the guy that accuses everybody that has a 6 pack of being on steroids.

Hey Rich,

I hope you and the guy are very happy together

All the best!

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Always the worst troll takes but this one is particularly confusing. Are you upset that you aren't attracted to Tuivasa's physique, and that's why he's hard to root for? If that's the case then you won't like half the ranked heavyweights becuase a lot of them lean closer to dad bod than they do 6 pack. You must have absolutely hated Daniel Cormier at all weights. But that's the luxury of fighting in heavyweight.

I actually don't disagree about the rankings though, he should never have been this high. I hate the whole replacing the guy you beat in the rankings thing. You shouldn't get to jump over guys that could shred you just because you have a punchers chance.

A great many geniuses throughout history were misunderstood during their lifetime by those whose perception was limited by the narrow lens of an average intellect. So, I consider myself to be in good company

• Haha
Reactions: Taytro

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
A great many geniuses throughout history were misunderstood during their lifetime by those whose perception was limited by the narrow lens of an average intellect. So, I consider myself to be in good company
Definitely comparable with people bringing substance to peoples lives and your random takes on the internet.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Your humour is better than your MMA opinions, maybe I'll see you on a just for laughs forum next week.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Just getting caught up on this one.. or as much as I'm going to.

What a main event. I think this was kind of best-case scenario for all involved, though now that the fight is over I'm not really sure what we learned about Gane here. It's great he can fight back from adversity but this is basically just another version of the Lewis win.

Tuivasa gave it a shot and he's established himself as a guy who is fun to watch at HW. He's a tough guy for me to match-make for though and I hope the UFC can give him some fun fights here in the top ten.

Whittaker looked great. Did what I thought he would do.. but kind of the best version of it.

Stipe is a 40 year old who's fought once in the last 2 years, and that was a KO loss 17 months ago

I'd rank him below Blaydes at this point

Just because I don't get the chance to say this very often I have to take this opportunity - I totally agree with you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Taytro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad