GDT: UFC Fight Night: Edwards vs. Muhammad

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Why are they even talking about running this fight back? They were never planning on making this fight in the first place Belal was a last minute replacement. Edwards deserves a title shot or number one contender fight
If Belal is ready to go quickly, he deserves the opportunity for taking this fight on short notice.

And Edwards doesn't deserve a title shot. His best win is against RDA who's .500 in the division and one of those wins was against a guy coming up from LW.

Reactions: m9

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If Belal is ready to go quickly, he deserves the opportunity for taking this fight on short notice.

And Edwards doesn't deserve a title shot. His best win is against RDA who's .500 in the division and one of those wins was against a guy coming up from LW.

Usman got his title shot after beating RDA

Reactions: 16Skippy

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010

Edwards also has big wins over Cerrone and Luque. There’s no way Edwards should have to fight an unranked opponent in his next fight just because an accidental eye poke happened. They can reward Belal with another good opportunity with another ranked opponent for taking the fight on short notice.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Edwards looked pretty crisp at times. Wonderboy is a way better striker though and would leave him lying.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
upload_2021-3-13_23-17-38.jpeg

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Edwards confuses me, says he should get title fight next. I mean, he knows Colby has been more active right? He knows that for some odd reason Jorge is getting a rematch right?

He's going to need another fight whether he wants it or not.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Belal just tweeted his vision is coming back and there won't be permanent damage.

very good news, that could have been worse

The eye stuff always freaks me out. The WOAT was Allen Ray at Villanova

don’t watch the black Christmas remake if you don’t like eye stuff

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Why a no contest and not a DQ?

No contest.

How is it not intentional?

I don't really see much difference between this one and Yan/Sterling. It just goes by ref discretion. Neither one is intentional to me.

I also don't see the difference in what Leon Edwards did vs the knees the last two weeks. If I had to pick one of the three that would be a DQ, it would be the eyepoke. At least knees are legal most of the time so you can argue they weren't on purpose, eyepokes aren't ever legal.

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Usman got his title shot after beating RDA
At the time, RDA was a better win for Usman than it is for Edwards now. Usman fought for the belt 4 months after beating RDA. We're coming up on 2 years since Edwards beat RDA. Also, I think people questioned Usman getting the title shot. People just didn't care that much because it was f***ing over Colby who was the interim champ.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Edwards also has big wins over Cerrone and Luque. There’s no way Edwards should have to fight an unranked opponent in his next fight just because an accidental eye poke happened. They can reward Belal with another good opportunity with another ranked opponent for taking the fight on short notice.
I wouldn't call Cerrone at WW a big win for anybody and he beat Luque 4 years ago when neither of them were ranked. His resume is quantity over quality.

Belal is ranked, by the way. Actually, Chimaev, the guy who Edwards was supposed to be fighting, isn't ranked any more (and should never have been ranked).

I only think you do it if you can turn it around within the next couple of weeks, though. Otherwise, it should be Edwards-Wonderboy. I've been saying that is the fight to make since before Edwards turned it down.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Edwards vs. any of Covington, Burns, or Wonderboy works.

I hope he’s not going the same route as before where it’s title shot, Masvidal, Covington, or bust. He should try to fight as quickly as he can against one of the top ranked fighters, even if it’s someone below him. He looked great in the first round last night and could get the title shot he wants with a win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad