Bantamweight bout: Journey Newson vs. Randy Costa
Bantamweight bout: Andre Ewell vs. Irwin Rivera
Bantamweight bout: Tyson Nam vs. Jerome Rivera

Reactions: pistolpete11

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Miguel Baeza was a late withdrawal after they found a replacement for him

sick card. Quite excited. Lost all my gambling money on football after that motherf***er Chris Tognoni started the avalanche last weekend so I’m gonna open up with a fresh account.

blank slate, new szn baby

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
On paper this is one of the better recent fight night cards both in terms of name value and intriguing fights. The entire main card is good.

The main event is way less interesting than it would've been a few years ago. Woodley hasn't looked like an elite fighter in his two straight losses and he'll probably get shut out again if he looks like that tomorrow. He can't just sit back/retreat and look for the big punch. Hopefully he has one more good performance in him.

Co-main should be a fun one with two exciting fighters. Cerrone hasn't looked good but that was also against high level competition and the Pettis fight was close. I actually think he wins this one.

Meerschaert isn't great or anything but this fight should give us a better idea of where Chimaev is at. His first two wins were impressive but the competition was also lacking. Meerschaert is tough, pretty big for a WW, and experienced. If Chimaev runs through him with ease then the hype will go to another level.

This is a much needed step back for Walker so lets see if he can get back on track. Spann is no joke though.

I think Dern likely beats Markos and it might even be quick.

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Spann has a deadly guillotine that Walker has to be mindful of

Not that I anticipate Johnny shooting in or anything lol....he just isn’t getting out if he gets put in it

Also if Woodley can’t get up for this one and remains hesitant to let the hands go then he needs to retire. He is an all time great at the weight class but he’s lost 10 rounds in a row quite decisively. Can’t make it 15.

Last edited:

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Gotta root for Dern if only for the post fight to see how much worse her English is now.

The Mackenzie Dern Darren Till video is truly one of the funniest online creations I've ever seen. Also, Ariel Helwani asking Dern how she felt about fans being obsessed with her accent evolution is the reason why every sport needs an Ariel Helwani-type reporter.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Hard not to favor Covington big. His fighting style is exactly what Woodley has lost to for 10 rounds in a row. I'm not a Woodley fan, but I'll be rooting against all hope for the upset.

As always, I'll be rooting for Cowboy. I like his chances, too. Price is a crazy motherf***er and could KO him, but Cowboy is just the more talented and well rounded fighter. I think Cowboy beat Pettis, so I don't think he's as cooked as his recent record suggests.

As others have said, Meerschaert is a good test for Chimaev. I'm usually the last one on the bandwagon for prospects, but if he smashes Meerschaert, I'll take notice. Not that Meerschaert is some world beater, but he's a legitimate UFC fighter, unlike the other guys Chimaev beat.

The rest of the main card is pretty good, too. I'm not as interested in those fights as others seem to be, but to know all of the names of the main card for a Fight Night during a pandemic, I can't complain :laugh:

Reactions: Avs_19, CDJ and m9

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Hard not to favor Covington big. His fighting style is exactly what Woodley has lost to for 10 rounds in a row. I'm not a Woodley fan, but I'll be rooting against all hope for the upset.

As always, I'll be rooting for Cowboy. I like his chances, too. Price is a crazy motherf***er and could KO him, but Cowboy is just the more talented and well rounded fighter. I think Cowboy beat Pettis, so I don't think he's as cooked as his recent record suggests.

As others have said, Meerschaert is a good test for Chimaev. I'm usually the last one on the bandwagon for prospects, but if he smashes Meerschaert, I'll take notice. Not that Meerschaert is some world beater, but he's a legitimate UFC fighter, unlike the other guys Chimaev beat.

The rest of the main card is pretty good, too. I'm not as interested in those fights as others seem to be, but to know all of the names of the main card for a Fight Night during a pandemic, I can't complain :laugh:

Not sure why you'd root for Woodley...

Even if you dislike Colby, it's a far more interesting division with him in title contention than it is with Woodley...

Plus, when you factor in their ages, Covington's the one with the fighting future ahead of him...

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Not sure why you'd root for Woodley...

Even if you dislike Colby, it's a far more interesting division with him in title contention than it is with Woodley...

Plus, when you factor in their ages, Covington's the one with the fighting future ahead of him...

If Joe Lauzon moves up to 170 to fight Covington id root for Lauzon. I’d root for most fighters at 170 over Colby.

no offense but this is dumb, you answered your own question. He dislikes Colby. A lot of people do and there are valid reasons to dislike him. Dudes corny, cringe-worthy, and a disrespectful douchebag. And tbh Woodley winning doesn’t mess up the division considering Colby just got his title shot and got finished. It just means we’ll get somebody that doesn’t have pillow paws challenging for the title.

170 is an interesting division no matter what happens.

Reactions: Avs_19

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Colby's great for the division but it should be pretty obvious why people would be cheering against him. Lots of reasons to dislike him.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If Joe Lauzon moves up to 170 to fight Covington id root for Lauzon. I’d root for most fighters at 170 over Colby.

no offense but this is dumb, you answered your own question. He dislikes Colby. A lot of people do and there are valid reasons to dislike him. Dudes corny, cringe-worthy, and a disrespectful douchebag. And tbh Woodley winning doesn’t mess up the division considering Colby just got his title shot and got finished. It just means we’ll get somebody that doesn’t have pillow paws challenging for the title.

170 is an interesting division no matter what happens.

And Woodley isn't corny and cringe-worthy? Sporting BLM gear from head-to-toe at the weigh-ins... posting video of himself singing terribly

At 38, it's unlikely Woodley will ever challenge for the title again, but at 32, Colby has plenty of time to make another run

Also, many people - including myself - disagreed with the stoppage in Colby's title fight... which included a strike to the back of his head during the final flurry

So, we'll just have to agree to disagree...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
I think Colby's great for the division but it should be pretty obvious why people would be cheering against him. Lots of reasons to dislike him.

I'm not saying people have to like him, or should like him... I don't

But as you said, he's great for the division

Reactions: m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And Woodley isn't corny and cringe-worthy? Sporting BLM gear from head-to-toe at the weigh-ins... posting video of himself singing terribly

At 38, it's unlikely Woodley will ever challenge for the title again, but at 32, Colby has plenty of time to make another run

Also, many people - including myself - disagreed with the stoppage in Colby's title fight... which included a strike to the back of his head during the final flurry

So, we'll just have to agree to disagree...

He’s a terrible musical artist. So what. He’s not a homeless mans Chael Sonnen, he doesn’t attack his own teammates, he doesn’t attack entire countries, and he doesn’t attack fighters families. I also don’t find a black guy supporting a black cause to be cringey but that’s just me personally. Agree to disagree I guess.

Colby got his ass kicked, he’s lucky it got stopped when it did. Goddard did his career a favor

And lastly you keep bringing up age like that should have anything to do with anything- Colby could be fighting a 90 year old guy on life support....I’m probably gonna root for the guy on life support. Colby losing doesn’t do anything to the state of the division, it’s still stacked win or lose

so I mean yeah, it’s pretty easy to see why somebody wouldn’t root for him.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
He’s a terrible musical artist. So what. He’s not a homeless mans Chael Sonnen, he doesn’t attack his own teammates, he doesn’t attack entire countries, and he doesn’t attack fighters families.

I also don’t find a black guy supporting a black cause to be cringey but that’s just me personally. Agree to disagree I guess.

Colby got his ass kicked, he’s lucky it got stopped when it did. Goddard did his career a favor

Don't get me wrong, I like Woodley... but there may be nothing more cringe-worthy than someone thinking they're a good singer when they're not

That's why shows like American Idol are so popular...

And it seems we disagree on what an ass kicking is...

Ortega got his ass kicked against Max

Colby vs Usman was a competitive fight, not a one-sided beatdown

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Don't get me wrong, I like Woodley... but there may be nothing more cringe-worthy than someone thinking they're a good singer when they're not

That's why shows like American Idol are so popular...

And it seems we disagree on what an ass kicking is...

Ortega got his ass kicked against Max

Colby vs Usman was a competitive fight, not a one-sided beatdown

lol that’s fair on Woodley’s musical talent

that last round was trending towards 10-7 territory imo. It was competitive in that the striking numbers were relatively even through most of the fight, but it was clear only one of them was doing any sort of significant damage. In my opinion there was a VERY decisive winner and the fight ended with the loser looking like he got mauled by a polar bear. IMO that’s an ass kicking

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Also for the record I’m betting on Colby. I may not like him but my wallet doesn’t play favorites! I think his style is perfect to beat Woodley. He’s probably going to completely overwhelm him with volume

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Tognoni strikes again. If he didn't think the strike was illegal then why'd he stop the action? Just save Alpar from more damage and call it.

member 51464

Tognoni exists only to get the heat off Herb.

Also, did anyone notice that after they restarted the fight, an illegal knee was immediately thrown? lol. Like, the first blow after the restart.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tognoni exists only to get the heat off Herb.

Also, did anyone notice that after they restarted the fight, an illegal knee was immediately thrown? lol. Like, the first blow after the restart.

first thing I noticed as well

This guy is BRAIN DEAD. I didn’t bet this fight either

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I don't know if Tognoni was scheduled for any more fights tonight but I'd guess he's going to have some free time now.

I thought it was illegal too so I get the stoppage but it should've been over once he used replay.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
f*** face Tognoni aside this card has been sensational. I tried to nap through the women’s fights and I couldn’t because I kept hearing crazy shit happening in the background

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->