Viewing: FS1, TSN 2

MAIN CARD (FS1, TSN 2)

Welterweight bout: Donald Cerrone vs. Yancy Medeiros
Heavyweight bout: Derrick Lewis vs. Marcin Tybura
Lightweight bout: James Vick vs. Francisco Trinaldo
Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Curtis Millender
Featherweight bout: Steven Peterson vs. Brandon Davis
Lightweight bout: Sage Northcutt vs. Thibault Gouti

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, Fight Network/UFC Fight Pass)

Lightweight bout: Jared Gordon vs. Carlos Diego Ferreira
Welterweight bout: Brian Camozzi vs. Geoffrey Neal
Flyweight bout: Roberto Sanchez vs. Joby Sanchez
Women's Bantamweight bout: Sarah Moras vs. Lucie Pudilová

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Alex Morono vs. Josh Burkman
Middleweight bout: Oskar Piechota vs. Tim Williams​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Couple of good fights on this card.

Main event should be an exciting stand up fight. Vick has been on a good run and could earn himself a big fight with a win, and I've always been an Alves fan so I'm looking forward to him being back even though he's nowhere near the fighter he once was. As for the co-main, I don't know how it'll go but I really hope Lewis scores a big KO to set up a fight with Ngannou in the summer.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The undercund is junk, but that's a pretty fun main card. Hopefully Cerrone and Lewis can bounce back.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
That's a pretty solid main card.

Hopefully Cowboy can stop the bleeding.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
How is Josh Burkman still fighting in the UFC? His UFC record is 6-11 and 1NC. Throw the #7 ranked Welterweight from LFA in there, he surely couldn't be much worse.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Millender looked great.

Not sure he can defend a takedown but he's a handful for anyone on the feet.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Black Beast! Nice comeback win. Have to do the Ngannou fight now.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Though Black Beast will probably never be a top heavyweight, his knockout power is just something to behold. Love watching him fight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Lewis' interviews are always great. Then you have Nate lighting up in the front row. Haha.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
I cheer for Lewis to win every time just so I can hear him say something funny in the interview. He didn't disappoint.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Fun finish to the fight card.

Not the most exciting fight between Vick/Trinaldo but Vick got it done and deserves a step up in competition.

Millender looked really good against Alves.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Fights I wanna see after this card: Vick - Lee , Lewis - Ngannou and Ponzinibbio - Cerrone sounds like an interesting fight but I don't think Ponz will take a fight with a lower ranked opponent. He did take a fight with Perry though who wasn't ranked.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
HW and LHW are appalling thin. Admittedly I'm not a huge black beast fan, but if he's knocking on the door of a number one contender fight that's a pretty sad state of affairs.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Millender looks like a legit top prospect. also looks like a big middleweight. I dunno how he makes 170. He's got a bit of Jon Jones in the way he uses his reach.

Northcutt looked terrible against Gouti, who's pretty much a lower tier LW on the roster. Thought Texas handed a free win to Northcutt, but, whatever, it's bad performance from both men. The more i see Northcutt, the more i just think he's not a good tactical & strategic striker and his chin sucks. He's spending his development years to survive in the UFC , which is mostly a recipe to build a journeyman. Though, without a chin, he's not gonna become a good journeyman.

I want to see Lewis fight for the belt one day. He's fun to watch, fun to listen to, one of the only likeable heavyweights

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Thought it would be a fun main card, and it worked out. Hoped Lewis and Cerrone would bounce back with wins, and they did. Solid night of fights.

Fights I wanna see after this card: Vick - Lee , Lewis - Ngannou and Ponzinibbio - Cerrone sounds like an interesting fight but I don't think Ponz will take a fight with a lower ranked opponent. He did take a fight with Perry though who wasn't ranked.

It sounds like Cerrone is moving back to LW, which makes sense for him. Beniel Dariush just lost his opponent and gave Vick his only loss so that's the rematch I would like to see. A win for Vick there gets him into the top ten. Kevin Lee vs Edson Barboza makes sense too, both coming off losses.

Two options for Cerrone: The rematch vs Eddie Alvarez, or if Jose Aldo wants to move up to 155 lbs then Cerrone v Aldo.

I know people are calling for Ngannou v Lewis.. but I want Ngannou v Hunt. Not sure who fits for Lewis.. maybe Overeem?

Millender looks like a legit top prospect. also looks like a big middleweight. I dunno how he makes 170. He's got a bit of Jon Jones in the way he uses his reach.

Northcutt looked terrible against Gouti, who's pretty much a lower tier LW on the roster. Thought Texas handed a free win to Northcutt, but, whatever, it's bad performance from both men. The more i see Northcutt, the more i just think he's not a good tactical & strategic striker and his chin sucks. He's spending his development years to survive in the UFC , which is mostly a recipe to build a journeyman. Though, without a chin, he's not gonna become a good journeyman.

I want to see Lewis fight for the belt one day. He's fun to watch, fun to listen to, one of the only likeable heavyweights

Yeah, really impressed with Millender. Looked very composed for a guy in his first UFC fight as well. We will need to see him defend a takedown but he looks promising.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010

Imo, Super Sage really messed up by letting his dad control his training. Pulling out of Tristar was a huge mistake. He's got the physical tools and athleticism, he would've progressed tremendously under Zahabi. He needs a super technician/game plan oriented coach, I don't think TAM is a fit there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->