GDT: UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Gaethje

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pereira is wild but he has nothing left.

That second round scoring will be interesting. I think Connelly was winning and then he spent half of the round on his back. However, Pereira just stalled and did nothing on top.

I’d go 29-28 Connelly.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
Is there anything more annoying than a guy that misses weight and then showboats?

A boring fighter who doesn't take risks? I didn't see it as showboating, I just think he's a crazy dude who likes entertaining people. Horrible fight plan, though.

I actually think guys should take more risks (generally speaking) but that just turned into an odd fight. Dana doesn't like guys who care so much about wins that they don't engage, wonder what he thinks of a guy who puts entertainment over results?

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A boring fighter who doesn't take risks? I didn't see it as showboating, I just think he's a crazy dude who likes entertaining people. Horrible fight plan, though.

I actually think guys should take more risks (generally speaking) but that just turned into an odd fight. Dana doesn't like guys who care so much about wins that they don't engage, wonder what he thinks of a guy who puts entertainment over results?
Nah, f*** that guy. That wasn't taking risks. That was showboating and I'm glad it cost him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That card actually looks weak to me for a big stadium show. It’s missing one more fight that probably should’ve been the co-main. I wonder if they planned on adding something but then saw the ticket sales and said screw it. They went from talking about Holloway/Volkanovski to adding nothing.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
That card actually looks weak to me for a big stadium show. It’s missing one more fight that probably should’ve been the co-main. I wonder if they planned on adding something but then saw the ticket sales and said screw it. They went from talking about Holloway/Volkanovski to adding nothing.
It's a good card with a lot of local fighters, but I agree it's probably missing 1 fight.

Reactions: Avs_19

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm not saying one way or the other, because you never know unless you're in the situation but I think Duffee spent everything he had swinging after he had Hughes in trouble. I'm not saying he quit...but I don't know that he had anything left really.

member 51464

That was pretty shitty of DC. The dude was saying he was seeing double. It is one thing to fight through pain, but if your vision/eye are f***ed, I can 100% understand not wanting to "tough it out" through that.

member 51464

The only odd thing to me was that Duffee didn't rub his eye or like mess with it at all like I'd feel like you would if you were seeing double. To see if you could rub it back to okay or whatever. Hard to say.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I have no idea who won that. Probably Glover but I lost interest.

Lets get to the good stuff now. No chance this main event isn't awesome.

Reactions: pistolpete11

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Good fight. Fair enough judgment. I think Teixeira probably was better over the three.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad