Middleweight bout: Andrew Sanchez vs. Marvin Vettori
Bantamweight bout: Brad Katona vs. Hunter Azure
Featherweight bout: Chas Skelly vs. Jordan Griffin
Bantamweight bout: Louis Smolka vs. Ryan McDonald
Featherweight bout: Kyle Prepolec vs. Austin Hubbard​

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
On paper, one of the best fight nights of the year. Have a couple of friends going. Went to the last one in Vancouver (2016), but much prefer watching it on TV. Had good seats last time, but not worth the cost imo.

Reactions: Avs_19

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
One of the best Fight Night main events you could ask for. A lot of other good fights/fighters throughout the card even if none of them blow your hair back.

The main event is one of those fights that is guaranteed to deliver and with them being at the top of one of the best divisions in the sport, it makes it that much more exciting. I wish I could say that it sets the winner up for a huge fight with Conor or the winner of Khabib-Tony, but I'm not sure either would be true.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can't really beat that main event. Some decent fights sprinkled all over the rest of the card too. Will probably be down there checking it out, kind of waiting for ticket prices to drop a bit.

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
Can't really beat that main event. Some decent fights sprinkled all over the rest of the card too. Will probably be down there checking it out, kind of waiting for ticket prices to drop a bit.

Yeah, roughly $100 for a nosebleed is the cheapest I could find.

Reactions: m9

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Dan Hardy brought up an interesting point about Cowboy vs. Gaethje. Cowboy is a kickboxer who wins the majority of his fights via submissions. Gaethje is a wrestler who wins the majority of his fights by KO. Doesn't really mean anything I guess, but it's kind of funny.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
Went to fight night here in AZ, and got a picture with Gaethje after. Nice guy, kind of turned into my favorite since that night. Looking forward to this fight.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It's hard to imagine this main event being boring and not living up to the hype. I think Gaethje takes it but he's usually careless so you never know what will happen, especially against a good technical striker like Cerrone.

There are a few other fights worth watching on the card with Hall vs. Carlos Junior probably being the most interesting to me.

Cirkunov fell off after his hot start when he was moving up the ranks but I still like watching his fights and his only losses have been to high level fighters. 6 of his 8 fights have ended in the first round so it's usually entertaining.

Pereira put on a show in his last fight so I'm looking forward to seeing him as well. His opponent is a last minute replacement though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I got tickets for $130, three rows up where the fighters walk out, but I also bought them the day they came out.

Looking forward to the return of Dodd Tuffee.

Ended up finding some decent tickets as well. Looking forward to it, it's been a few years since I've been at a live event.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Main event is fire, but y'all are crazy for calling this a relatively strong card.

It's about as light on fighter momentum and ranking implications as you can get.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Main event is fire, but y'all are crazy for calling this a relatively strong card.

It's about as light on fighter momentum and ranking implications as you can get.

I agree with you. I think it's more of a fun action card than anything really relevant. Outside of the main event, of course.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Sakai came in throwing bombs.

Skelly vs. Griffin was a fun battle.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Cirkunov’s fights are rarely dull. Nice sweep and sub after it looked like he was seconds away from the fight being stopped.

member 51464

Like, what if Pereira had landed on him on the back flip? lol. Like the first ever TKO by causing the other guy to throw up from landing on his stomach? This has been so random.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->