Featherweight bout: Chas Skelly vs. Jamall Emmers
Catchweight (140.5 lbs) bout: Aiemann Zahabi vs. Drako Rodriguez
Heavyweight bout: Sergey Spivak vs. Jared Vanderaa​

Reactions: pistolpete11

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Another HW fight where the stakes are kind of unclear. Hoping we get a fun one but Blaydes might just toss Lewis down at every opportunity.

The other two HW fights on the main card are interesting with prospect vs vet. Feels like the vets have been coming out on top of those fights recently.

Landwehr is always entertaining as well, plus Klose/Pena is interesting.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
This is pretty much a #2 contenders bout

Blaydes is in such a shitty spot if Francis wins against Stipe. Idk if they’ll run it a 3rd time

They should do Bones vs Blaydes if Blaydes wins. But Bones will jump the line and probably go straight for the belt

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I think Arlovski +200 is pretty great value

I’m picking both him and Oleinik (+135). Give me the old salty dogs (although tbh I regret the Oleinik bet already)

edit: I just checked and Oleinik is down to +165 oh noooo

I got Jared gordon too. Blaydes in the main event. Nice long fight card

Reactions: 16Skippy

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Lewis always has a puncher's chance, but I think Blaydes is going to rag doll him. I know he's got this thing going on with Dana and normally I'd find that kind of funny, but I agree with Dana. He's got to go for the finish instead of just using his wrestling.

There's nothing else on the card for me.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Lewis always has a puncher's chance, but I think Blaydes is going to rag doll him. I know he's got this thing going on with Dana and normally I'd find that kind of funny, but I agree with Dana. He's got to go for the finish instead of just using his wrestling.

There's nothing else on the card for me.

I don’t get that with Dana. Blaydes finishes people with far more viciousness than a guy like Colby. I mean he mutilated Overeem and Abdurakhimov. He stopped JDS with a vicious flurry. Don’t understand why he gets shit for not finishing Volkov, a guy who doesn’t really get finished all that much. I cant qwhite figure out why Dana only calls out Blaydes and not a guy like Colby who has 1 finish since 2016 and it was an injury.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
I know they can't all be bangers, but this card sucks ass.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I don’t get that with Dana. Blaydes finishes people with far more viciousness than a guy like Colby. I mean he mutilated Overeem and Abdurakhimov. He stopped JDS with a vicious flurry. Don’t understand why he gets shit for not finishing Volkov, a guy who doesn’t really get finished all that much. I cant qwhite figure out why Dana only calls out Blaydes and not a guy like Colby who has 1 finish since 2016 and it was an injury.
His finish rate is higher than I realized, but I still think he does end up just wrestling a lot. When he does go for the finish, he's vicious. But I'm sure Dana's issues are more about him wanting more money and being outspoken about it. I also think Blaydes has basically said that he doesn't care about being entertaining and that he is just going to wrestle in fights. Hard to sell a fight when your headliner is saying it's going to be boring.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
His finish rate is higher than I realized, but I still think he does end up just wrestling a lot. When he does go for the finish, he's vicious. But I'm sure Dana's issues are more about him wanting more money and being outspoken about it. I also think Blaydes has basically said that he doesn't care about being entertaining and that he is just going to wrestle in fights. Hard to sell a fight when your headliner is saying it's going to be boring.

yeah he goes at ppl on insta that tell him to stop wrestling, it’s kind of hilarious :laugh:

I just don’t get it. Dana never really has had issues with wrestlers before. Like I don’t recall him ever publicly shitting on Jon Fitch. He’s even said his style had nothing to do with his release. He doesn’t do it to Colby who wrestles and pillow paws his way to decision after decision against past-their-prime fighters. It’s always Blaydes or Woodley or Usman who are boring. When they’re elbowing holes into craniums, or flatlining then submitting Darren Till, or knocking people out into a somersault (Like Usman did to Sergio Moraes with one punch). I’m not suggesting it’s something he’s doing consciously but it’s something that I’ve noticed. He’s turned the corner on Usman at least but Usman has won so much that he didn’t really have a choice

Who is the last white wrestler he called boring? Ben Askren? That wasn’t even his fighter when he did it and then he ended up signing and promoting the shit out of that guy

I know, I know. This may not be the place and it may seem like a hot take. That’s just what I’ve observed though. Maybe I’ve missed some other stuff. I’m open to that possibility. This Maybe a little too out there for an MMA GDT too Lol, I should probably dial it back a bit

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I've only really seen criticism for the Volkov fight.. and that fight was pretty boring.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Drakkar Klose vs Luis Pena is off. Was kinda looking forward to that one....

(Cornerman tested positive)

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Looks like a super early stoppage but I didn't think it was that bad. Landwehr went down awkwardly and was going to get hurt even more.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
At the end of the day he absolutely swallowed that knee, I get the ref jumping in. I doubt the outcome would have been different had he not jumped in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad