Women's Bantamweight bout: Sara McMann vs. Lina Länsberg
Bantamweight bout: Brett Johns vs. Tony Gravely
Featherweight bout: Herbert Burns vs. Nate Landwehr​

Reactions: pistolpete11

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Can't say much about the rest of the card, but those top two fights are great.

Would like to see Chiesa get a win here, just for the sake of adding something different to the top of the division.

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
Perez and Cifers are can't miss fan favorites imo. Pudilova used to be that and is now a cut above and worth rooting to clear these last few hurdles before hitting the rankings. Pudilova/Aldana is twice the fight Bonner/Griffin was.

McMann Lansberg is a crazy mess in that one overachieves with their skill set, one underachieves, one has been active to modest results, the other has had less than positive results, but is inactive enough to try and find a way to hit the reset. Tough fight to pick. Maybe some tells in the interviews hopefully.

I've heard about Landwehr and am suspicious, but he's supposed to have some savvy to his trajectory.

Montel Jackson already has a nice UFC resume, for a fighter that is only 8-1 overall. Will have to go back and look to get an idea of his opponent.

But really that's a cool thing about this card, even the folks that I'm not immediately vouching for, I'm looking forward to taking a look and remembering their first few bouts that are on record, because they have all already made their way into the org.

Add on top of that, a monumental task for Blaydes in the main event. I don't know that I can say the same for RDA/Chiesa, but from a competitive, divergent and dynamic path to victory stand point, Blaydes vs Dos Santos has an incredible amount of tension to it, so this could be a sneaky intense night all around.

Reactions: Avs_19

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
these are the fights cards that win you money in the future

you tune in when nobody else is and you get your own scouting report on some of the unknown guys and try to exploit the lack of knowledge surrounding these fighters at a later date

wish Arnold Allen was still fighting Josh Emmett. Oh well.

I can see JDS turning back the clock a bit. Blaydes probably rag dolls him but JDS is still light years better in the stand up so if he can somehow keep Blaydes off of him he will win. I just doubt he can keep Blaydes off of him. Probably needs to catch him early

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Can't say much about the rest of the card, but those top two fights are great.

Would like to see Chiesa get a win here, just for the sake of adding something different to the top of the division.
Probably true and same for Blaydes, but Chiesa really bugs me and I've got nothing but respect for RDA. So I'm still rooting for RDA.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I know I've probably said this before and I know RDA has a former LW as well, but looking at them facing off....Oh my God, how did Chiesa ever make 155lb? He's a good sized WW.

Reactions: m9 and CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I know I've probably said this before and I know RDA has a former LW as well, but looking at them facing off....Oh my God, how did Chiesa ever make 155lb? He's a good sized WW.

he looked absolutely massive against Diego, he must have been on deaths doorstep as a lightweight

it’s the same thing with Till at 185, they still look big for their respective divisions even after moving up. It’s crazy

Reactions: pistolpete11

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Dos Santos looked really good on the scales, still don't favor him in this one but it wouldn't shock me if he catches Blaydes in the first or second.

I like Chiesa but he's in for a tough night. Despite the size differential RDA is just a bit too good for him imo. The first round might be close but the longer it goes on, I expect RDA to chip away at Chiesa on the feet and avoid the "Khabib" treatment.

I prefer this card to the last one, should be a solid night of fights.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This fight is a grind. Chiesa is the bigger guy but RDA's defense on the ground is great too. Will be surprised if we see a finish.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I ended up throwing money on Chiesa because I liked the value

When RDA has struggled its been against bigger guys that can wrestle...

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I ended up throwing money on Chiesa because I liked the value

When RDA has struggled its been against bigger guys that can wrestle...

Yeah I liked him to win and the odds were great. Ugly fight though.

Reactions: CDJ

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I liked him to win and the odds were great. Ugly fight though.

Yeah it was never gonna be pretty. Like you said RDA has phenomenal defense on the ground and Chiesa wasn’t gonna let that be a kickboxing match

Excited for this main event though

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Chiesa looked massive compared to RDA. It wasn’t very exciting or impressive but a good win for Chiesa nonetheless.

RDA should ask them to stop giving him bigger grapplers.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Chiesa looked massive compared to RDA. It wasn’t very exciting or impressive but a good win for Chiesa nonetheless.

RDA should ask them to stop giving him bigger grapplers.

Kind of tough to avoid them at the top of 170.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
JDS so worried about the takedown that he's losing it on the feet.

Blaydes looks good though. Moves so well for a HW.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Blaydes is still not great on his feet but damn he’s so much better than he used to be. With his wrestling threat that’s all he needs

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Great performance by Blaydes. HW fights are unpredictable but I didn’t expect him to win like that.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
And just like that Blaydes gets a win over JDS in a kickboxing match

pretty impressive statement

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Blaydes said it straight up after the fight - JDS kept his hands too low because he was worried about the takedown. Very disappointing performance by JDS.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Nice timing to switch over to Bellator, worked out well.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I was hoping this would happen but Pérez’ victory was officially labeled a Von Preaux choke

Gotta love those

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad