Welterweight bout: Thiago Alves vs. Max Griffin
Women's Flyweight bout: Mara Romero Borella vs. Taila Santos
Heavyweight bout: Junior Albini vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Bantamweight bout: Geraldo de Freitas Jr. vs. Felipe Colares
Bantamweight bout: Ricardo Ramos vs. Said Nurmagomedov
Flyweight bout: Rogério Bontorin vs. Magomed Bibulatov​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A few good fights on this one but I'm looking forward to Aldo vs. Moicano the most. It's a huge test for Moicano and if he can get it done he should be in the conversation for a title shot or at the very least a fight vs. Edgar or rematch vs. Ortega. Aldo is still one of the best but I'm not sure where he goes with a win as long as Holloway is the champ. I'd love to see him in some fun fights at 155 if he really does only have 2-3 left.

I thought Moraes won the first fight but it was really close and could've gone either way. Who knows what happens with Dillashaw but the winner of this fight should get the next title shot if he defends against someone other than Cejudo.

I like the Oliveira vs. Teymur fight as well. Really quick turnaround for Oliveira against a tough opponent and I'm glad he's staying at LW.

Walker is kinda intriguing after his win over Rountree. The UFC badly needs some of these young LHWs to be legit.

The two Russians at the bottom of the card have gotten some hype.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm hoping Moraes can pull off the victory in the main event and they give him the title shot vs Dillashaw. Nothing against Assuncao, but he must be up there for the least interesting title contender we've ever seen in the UFC. So I'll hope for Moraes by KO and they can line up that 135lb title shot in a few months.

Very interested to see Aldo/Moicano. I don't really know what to expect here - Aldo has obviously had some tough losses recently, but they've also been vs the elite of the division. I'm not sure if Moicano is in that top tier. No real feel for this fight.

Not a ton to be too excited about the rest of the way. A few names like Maia, Alves, etc. Oliveira v Teymur is kind of an old school style matchup that should be fun.

member 51464

I think Aldo retires after this fight if he wins with some flash.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think Aldo retires after this fight if he wins with some flash.

He's already stated he will be retiring later this year. He wants this fight, then a fight at UFC237 in Brazil, then one more later in the year at an event in Brazil. Maybe he'll retire after this fight, but it would be a change from what he's said publicly.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A few good fights on this one but I'm looking forward to Aldo vs. Moicano the most. It's a huge test for Moicano and if he can get it done he should be in the conversation for a title shot or at the very least a fight vs. Edgar or rematch vs. Ortega. Aldo is still one of the best but I'm not sure where he goes with a win as long as Holloway is the champ. I'd love to see him in some fun fights at 155 if he really does only have 2-3 left.

Walker is kinda intriguing after his win over Rountree. The UFC badly needs some of these young LHWs to be legit.
Aldo vs. Moicano is definitely the headliner here, regardless of what the 'main event' is. Nothing against Aldo, but I kind of hope Moicano wins. If Aldo wins, there's just nowhere for him to go since he convincingly lost to Max twice already. I guess a win and maybe he gets Ortega? I still like Max vs. Frankie instead, but I could get on board with Max vs. Moicano with a convincing win against Aldo.

I'm very intrigued by Walker. Those elbows against Rountree were vicious! He's obviously got a long way to go to get to Jones, but he's young, athletic, and tall. Hopefully the UFC doesn't rush him to the top because they need a challenger. He could get there, but build him up first.

I'm hoping Moraes can pull off the victory in the main event and they give him the title shot vs Dillashaw. Nothing against Assuncao, but he must be up there for the least interesting title contender we've ever seen in the UFC. So I'll hope for Moraes by KO and they can line up that 135lb title shot in a few months.
Yeah, an Assuncao win likely seals the deal on TJ-Cejudo. It's 'boring', but TJ-Assuncao are 1-1. So if he wins, I'd still like to see him get a shot from the competition side of things. I think we'll still see TJ-Cejudo even if Moraes wins, but it's more likely he gets a shot at TJ, especially with an exciting win.

--------

Didn't Cyborg try making a big deal about how "Brazilians shouldn't fight Brazilians" when Nunes called her out? Well, the top 2 fights here (and maybe some of the lower fights?) are Brazilian vs. Brazilian in Brazil and nobody's said a damn thing about it. Was that just Cyborg trying to sell the fight?

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Moicano is one of least talked about contenders in the UFC. Guy is really tough to win a decision against, and hard to catch. Have him beating Aldo

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Another impressive win for Walker. He actually went for a soccer kick that would've DQ'd him if it landed. Haha.

I missed most of the earlier fights but that last women's fight was awful.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oliveira is awesome. Nice elbow to start the sequence and then another submission for him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Easy work for Maia. He can still do that as long as he doesn't fight a high level wrestler.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Damn, Aldo. Makes Max even that much more impressive. Aldo's showing he's still one of the best in the world and Max handled him easily, twice.

Reactions: Rocko604

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Damn, Aldo. Makes Max even that much more impressive. Aldo's showing he's still one of the best in the world and Max handled him easily, twice.

Yeah. Aldo's still got it, he's just ran into a couple p4p guys in Conor & Max. Great to see him win.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Main event still to come, but this has been a really fun card.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Guess TJ Cedudo gets put on hold?

Moraes has been too impressive lately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad