Heavyweight bout: Tai Tuivasa vs. Greg Hardy
Women’s Bantamweight bout: Irene Aldana vs. Yana Kunitskaya
Bantamweight bout: Sean O'Malley vs. Kris Moutinho

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN, TSN 5)

Welterweight bout: Carlos Condit vs. Max Griffin
Welterweight bout: Niko Price vs. Michel Pereira
Featherweight bout: Ryan Hall vs. Ilia Topuria
Middleweight bout: Dricus du Plessis vs. Trevin Giles

PRELIMINARY CARD (ESPN+, UFC Fight Pass)

Women’s Flyweight bout: Jennifer Maia vs. Jessica Eye
Middleweight bout: Omari Akhmedov vs. Brad Tavares
Flyweight bout: Zhalgas Zhumagulov vs. Jerome Rivera
Middleweight bout: Alen Amedovski vs. Hu Yaozong​

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm going with Poirier again after seeing how the first fight went. Conor might be ready for the leg kicks this time but I think Poirier can still do damage with them and I thought there was a pretty decent size/strength advantage. Poirier once again needs to avoid the big shots early and I think he should be in good shape.

Co-main should be a good one. I'm not sure how it's going to go but I'm excited to find out.

I disagree with what was being said in the other thread about the main card. I think it's terrible for a PPV, even while knowing this is what they do with Conor's cards. It's cool to watch O'Malley again but none of those fights interest me.

The prelims are good though and there are some good fighters throughout. Price vs. Pereira could be a fun one.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Either way I think Poirier and MacGregor will be over inside 2 rounds. Kinda want Conor to win just to bring some of that magic back but don’t have enough confidence to commit to it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Not really much thoughts on the main event, though I am looking forward to it. Poirier should be the favorite but nobody should be surprised if Conor gets it done.

They had a chance to have an excellent PPV here but they really needed one other big fight at the top.

I don't really cheer for fighters that often, but I'm really hoping Thompson can get a win over Burns here and solidify himself as a top contender. I think he's an interesting style matchup for Usman if that fight were to happen.

I like watching Greg Hardy fight as he's very athletic and it's an interesting story, but this is not a "3rd fight on the PPV" type fight. Looking forward to O'Malley as well.

The prelim card is great - pretty much as good as you see from the UFC these days. Looking forward to all 4 fights & while Eye/Maia likely won't be exciting it's still a relevant fight.. I guess. Same with Tavares/Akhmedov.

I don't know - I just think overall this will be a pretty fun one.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
This one is tough for me, because I think the guys I really want to win will end up losing.

Conor
Burns
Hardy
Aldana
O'Malley

Truly hope I'm dead wrong on all 4 male fights there. Main and Co-Main are coin flips, just going with my gut. Hardy and Tuivasa are both bad, I think Hardy is a bit too mobile though. Kunitskaya is better than I thought she was, but I don't see her winning this one. Anything other than a spectacular O'Malley victory is probably a failure on his part.

The "main" prelims are all intriguing matchups, really solid undercard on this one. Price vs Pereira should be wild.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Conor's doing some media now and it's definitely a different vibe than last time. A lot more anger and insults this time around instead of the buddy buddy stuff. Also a lot of excuse making about why he lost the last fight and it's almost as if he's in denial. We'll see if any of this matters because fighters say a lot of stuff publicly but for his sake hopefully he's better prepared and has an alternative if he doesn't end it early. The calf kicks were obviously a major factor but he also didn't look like he had any other plan after Poirier ate his punches and didn't go down.

16Skippy

Sep 12, 2009
The choice to put certain matches on the main card and others on the prelims is kind of a drag but the main could still be really fun regardless.

I bet on Poirier but a McGregor win wouldn't be shocking.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Conor's doing some media now and it's definitely a different vibe than last time. A lot more anger and insults this time around instead of the buddy buddy stuff. Also a lot of excuse making about why he lost the last fight and it's almost as if he's in denial. We'll see if any of this matters because fighters say a lot of stuff publicly but for his sake hopefully he's better prepared and has an alternative if he doesn't end it early. The calf kicks were obviously a major factor but he also didn't look like he had any other plan after Poirier ate his punches and didn't go down.
Conor McGregor sounds like Deontay Wilder after Tyson Fury beat him.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
It was sad to watch Conor at that press conference. The fact that any adult human being would like, or cheer for that guy is disgraceful. Seriously, that's a grown man with a wife and kids acting like that. He has really gone downhill, I hope Dustin beats him to a pulp.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Conor McGregor sounds like Deontay Wilder after Tyson Fury beat him.

The guy has lost the plot. I hope for his sake he's just selling the fight, because some of the things he's come out with are pretty embarrassing.

It was sad to watch Conor at that press conference. The fact that any adult human being would like, or cheer for that guy is disgraceful. Seriously, that's a grown man with a wife and kids acting like that. He has really gone downhill, I hope Dustin beats him to a pulp.

I can hardly listento/watch him anymore. I was ambivalent towards this fight, but now I'm hoping Poirier sends him packing.

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
Khabib broke him

Really I think this started well before the Khabib feud. Some time in between the Alvarez fight and the MayMac bullshit, the guy became out of control. His likeability plummeted and his egoism and arrogance skyrocketed (just my personal view, of course). There at least used to be a jovial quality to his persona, that's gradually reduced since then. It returned briefly for the Cerrone fight, and I didn't pay attention to the promotion for the second Poirier fight so I don't know what happened there, but now it seems like he's back to just being a total f***ing prick.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Really I think this started well before the Khabib feud. Some time in between the Alvarez fight and the MayMac bullshit, the guy became out of control. His likeability plummeted and his egoism and arrogance skyrocketed (just my personal view, of course). There at least used to be a jovial quality to his persona, that's gradually reduced since then. It returned briefly for the Cerrone fight, and I didn't pay attention to the promotion for the second Poirier fight so I don't know what happened there, but now it seems like he's back to just being a total f***ing prick.

That’s fair. I honestly think what we saw was a cocaine habit turn into a cocaine problem

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
McGregor won the 1st round of the first fight imo. If Dustin didn't adapt and start realizing the damage of those leg kicks, he would've lost... Here's the whole 2nd fight released by the UFC. I have to think there's a high probability Conor has learned not to get his legs get beat to **** like that again. Fight seemed like it was all McGregor until it wasn't.

Last edited:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I think the 1st Diaz fight took away a bit of his aura.

Many people (maybe not the hardcore fans, but the casuals) viewed him as unbeatable at that point, and the Diaz fight was supposed to be a piece of cake for him. Especially since Diaz took the fight on about 2 weeks notice.

After Diaz submitted him, the unbeatable aura was gone and Conor's ego took a hit.

Then he started trying to overcompensate by acting more and more obnoxious. He probably thought that he would get his "#1 biggest badass" status back by acting like a crazed lunatic.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I think Poirier is the deserved favorite, but this is still a fight. A lot has been made of the calf kicks in the second fight, but I think just as important was the takedown. Conor got right up, but he still ended up having to clinch for like 3 minutes. That takes a little bit of pop off his punches and who knows, maybe that was enough to just flash Poirier instead of knocking him down or out when Conor did catch him. So this fight is basically the same as the last one to me. Poirier needs to survive early and drag Conor into deep water. Anything he can do to weigh on Conor is going to help in that. I don't think Conor can survive 5 rounds with Poirier, so this one is probably going to end by KO one way or another. I think and hope Poirier gets it done again.

I like Wonderboy in the co-main. Burns obviously has a massive advantage on the ground, but Wonderboy has only been taken down 7 times in his career and 5 of those were in 1 fight 9 years ago in his second UFC fight. Burns has a handful of sub wins, but given his BJJ pedigree, it's not all that many. Maybe he just fell in love with the KO, but I think part of it is just he doesn't have the takedowns to get it on the ground. So a weak wrestling game combined with great TDD from Wonderboy and I think this fight will stay on the feet. Burns has power, but he's just not technical enough to face a guy like Wonderboy.

The other main card fights are probably going to be shitty one way or another. The prelims are pretty good, though. Price-Pereira has fireworks written all over it. Would have been a good shot of energy leading into the main and co-main. I can't believe Condit has bounced back from a 5-fight losing streak. The layoff may have helped and taking a step back in competition certainly has helped, but still. I thought he was cooked. I don't know the guy Hall is fighting, but Luke Thomas is really high on him, so I'm looking forward to that one, too.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad