GDT: UFC 260: Miocic vs. Ngannou 2

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Stipe said he felt the fight was starting to go his way because Francis was gassing. I love Stipe, but that's delusional :laugh:

I think the best you could say was that maybe we didn't get an answer to whether Francis' cardio has improved, but there wasn't much there to say Francis was gassing or even that there was a reason to believe he might start to gas. R1 was so slow and there was barely a R2. I mean, I guess there were a couple of explosive movements from Francis in the first, but not much.

Reactions: CDJ, Avs_19 and m9

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Sorry, but Cro Cop is a terrible comparison. Cro Cop had like 5 takedowns his entire career. Stipe is a good wrestler. Stipe also keeps a much higher pace than Cro Cop did.

Bonnar, stylistically, is a better comparison, but Stipe is just far, far better than Bonnar.

Apology accepted...

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Stipe said he felt the fight was starting to go his way because Francis was gassing. I love Stipe, but that's delusional :laugh:

I think the best you could say was that maybe we didn't get an answer to whether Francis' cardio has improved, but there wasn't much there to say Francis was gassing or even that there was a reason to believe he might start to gas. R1 was so slow and there was barely a R2. I mean, I guess there were a couple of explosive movements from Francis in the first, but not much.

Maybe he watched the fight back with Rogan's commentary and heard him talking about Francis breathing with his mouth open. :laugh:

Francis looked as fresh as ever in the second round.

Reactions: CDJ

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Ngannou needs atleast 1 title defense to be put in the top 5 goat conversation
I don't disagree, but HW is different than most other weight classes. Taking nothing away from Fedor, but Ngannou could go from never wearing the strap to being the GOAT HW in probably two fights.

I think a Lewis rematch is a virtual certainty, he knocks him out, then either becomes the first to finish Jones or finishes Stipe again, he's the HW GOAT IMO.

I've mentioned it before with DC, but a big thing that factors into a guy's ranking for me personally is how many bad losses does he have, meaning times he's been finished, times he's been dominated, or times he's lost to inferior competition. Ngannou's only "bad" loss was the first Stipe fight, and this rematch did a lot to erase that. (And yes of course the Lewis fight was AWFUL, but I wouldn't characterize it as a "bad" loss. It ended up being a complete nothing fight.)

Reactions: CDJ and m9

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Ngannou's resume is good enough for these conversations but there's also something to be said for things like winning and defending championships.

member 51464

It is a real shame we didn't get to see Ngannou and DC. If DC had been able to wrestle-f*** him to a win, it would have aged so well for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->