GDT: UFC 255: Figueiredo vs. Perez

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Just watched the prelims, so much better. Buckley should get a ranking soon

dude cracks. I don’t know how good he’ll be but his losses are to Holland, Storley, and Jackie Gosh (who he rematched and finished). Storley and Holland are probably going to be prominent names in MMA for awhile

The frame is gonna be tough when he moves on to the better fighters in the division but he’s exciting. Honestly he’s not all that different from Mike Perry- his striking is more crisp but they rely on pure power which can overwhelm a lot of regional/early prelim fighters before getting exposed by guys with more skill (like Jouban did with Perry or Holland did with Buckley)

I will say- i know felder had a broken arm but that’s a hell of a win Perry has on his resume.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Bad fights but the worst part was the pacing. They need to keep things moving on the main card, that was awful.
Main card sure, but the prelims holy ****, the first fight on fight pass Cosce vs Palatnikov easily fight of the night it was insane if you get the chance to watch it, also the Jouban fight was fireworks too.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Main card sure, but the prelims holy ****, the first fight on fight pass Cosce vs Palatnikov easily fight of the night it was insane if you get the chance to watch it, also the Jouban fight was fireworks too.

Yeah should of clarified, definitely meant the main card only. Prelims were fun.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Tim Means landed 128 significant strikes and I’m pretty sure the significant majority were to the head of Perry. This guy is gonna need to learn some defense, I don’t need his decision making to become MORE erratic over time

I also feel like he’s become a plodder. Not saying he was a super athlete before but I felt like he moved A LOT better than he did last night

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Tim Means landed 128 significant strikes and I’m pretty sure the significant majority were to the head of Perry. This guy is gonna need to learn some defense, I don’t need his decision making to become MORE erratic over time

I also feel like he’s become a plodder. Not saying he was a super athlete before but I felt like he moved A LOT better than he did last night

No head movement what so ever. Blocking punches with your face won't get you far and yet I don't feel bad for him at all. He's a POS.

Reactions: CDJ

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Those are the exact kind of issues that you'll have when you don't have a coach/corner and start falling into bad habits. Sloppy footwork and no head movement is a bad recipe against decent competition

I known it's fun to make fun of Perry, but he really needs to get his shit together. He's someone that everyone will make fun of and then it will be sad when he is either dead or in prison by his 40th birthday.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Those are the exact kind of issues that you'll have when you don't have a coach/corner and start falling into bad habits. Sloppy footwork and no head movement is a bad recipe against decent competition

I known it's fun to make fun of Perry, but he really needs to get his shit together. He's someone that everyone will make fun of and then it will be sad when he is either dead or in prison by his 40th birthday.
Yeah, if the allegations against him from his ex-wife are true, it's shades of War Machine.

It's a shame, too. He's got some skills. He's tough as hell, strong as an ox, a pretty good grappler, and an entertaining character. I'm not saying he'd be world champion with the right coaching or anything, but he could carve out a nice career for himself in the UFC. But if he keeps going down the path he's on, especially with the trouble with the law, he's going to find himself without a job sooner rather than later. If he doesn't make money fighting, who knows what the hell he's going to do.

Reactions: CDJ and m9

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Yeah I don’t really get the Perry stans. He can be a funny guy at times but the baggage he carries is too much

I don’t understand the people/fans actively defending him and calling his ex a liar. Like what has Mike Perry shown us that makes us think there was no way could have done something like that? Not a whole lot. I think he absolutely laid hands on that girl. This isn’t a court of law so I can go on my intuition and my intuition tells me he’s a f***ing lunatic

It’s sad because he’s got unreal durability and may be the strongest WW in the division, if he had a shred of technique he’d probably be comfortably ranked. Although I will say- the BJJ is coming around. He is just at a point where it isn’t quite there yet to finish decent guys, and his striking has regressed so he’s caught in the middle. It’s almost like he’s transitioning as a fighter to a ground guy. He did beat Iaquinta in a submission underground competition. He’s been doing BJJ tourneys. Really interesting

Like could you imagine Felder fighting that version of him? Perry would get lit on fire

Last edited:

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I have zero sympathy for Perry, my only hope is that he doesn't drag anyone else with him on the way down. Any other sport and he'd be blacklisted if not in jail. I hope things work out for him but it's hard for me to see a bright future for that guy no matter what he decides to do. Problem dog.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I have zero sympathy for Perry, my only hope is that he doesn't drag anyone else with him on the way down. Any other sport and he'd be blacklisted if not in jail. I hope things work out for him but it's hard for me to see a bright future for that guy no matter what he decides to do. Problem dog.

he’s such an erratic person. There’s these moments where he seems like a genuinely sweet person and then other moments where he has zero impulse control and acts like a lunatic

Wouldn’t shock me if he has brain damage in the part of the brain that controls emotion/impulses

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
He has anger issues mixed with a drinking problem. It's an awful combination and will undoubtedly end poorly.

I don't really care what happens to him but the next time he punches out some random old man could be the time he falls awkwardly and cracks his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->