GDT: UFC 241: Cormier vs. Miocic 2

member 51464

Like they made Stipe fight someone else after he got KO'ed, lol

Actually that whole thing really soured me on Stipe. Good win and all, but meh.
DC defended once against Derrick Lewis and then lost the belt.

If that's comparable in your mind to beating Overeem, Junior dos Santos, and Ngannou, then I guess you have a point.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
DC defended once against Derrick Lewis and then lost the belt.

If that's comparable in your mind to beating Overeem, Junior dos Santos, and Ngannou, then I guess you have a point.
He knocked out the guy he lost to. I don't want to see an immediate rematch but he has a better case than Stipe did.

Reactions: 1specter

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
f***ing right, Stipe!

I feel sorry for DC. I don't know how that happened from pre-fight through round 3, but it happened. DC has a choice to make. Stipe at HW or Jones at LHW. I want to see both soooooooo bad.

Reactions: Avs_19

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
****ing right, Stipe!

I feel sorry for DC. I don't know how that happened from pre-fight through round 3, but it happened. DC has a choice to make. Stipe at HW or Jones at LHW. I want to see both soooooooo bad.
The rubber match needs to happen IMO

Reactions: LSCII

member 51464

He knocked out the guy he lost to. I don't want to see an immediate rematch but he has a better case than Stipe did.
We can agree to disagree.

If stipe wants the rubber match, that's cool. But DC wanted to chase a money fight rather than face stipe again, who had a better run as champ, so if stipe wants to go elsewhere first, then more power to him.

TerminatorBlue

Nov 11, 2007
Canada
Congrats to Stipe, DC is my favorite fighter and thought he was winning up until that point. Wouldn't mind see the rubber match but wouldn't be upset if he retired, pretty impressive for a 40 year old.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
DC deserves immediate rematch IMO but I think he's retiring. I think Ngannou beats Stipe.

Oct 15, 2008
Stipe....you ****ing bum.

giphy.gif

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
****ing right, Stipe!

If only to stick it to DC, I'd love to see Jones move up to face Stipe at HW

member 51464

I was off on all three final fights. I wanted Stipe to win but didn't think you could pick against DC since he was undefeated outside of Jones. 0-3 is pretty bad.

Until next time, gents!

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Jones vs Stipe for the HW belt

If Stipe wins, he takes on Ngannou

If Jones wins, there's no way he's facing Ngannou, so DC vs Ngannou for the vacant belt

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
yea tough decisions for DC ahead no one would blame him if he wants to retire but somehow I don't see that happening. I think it will be Stipe rubber match

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Boring? I don't agree at all, there was consistent trading for 4 rounds

Boring was a bad term, but it was tough to watch for me for three rounds because Miocic looked just awful in there compared to what he was capable of.

The 4th round was what I expected from him earlier - not necessarily a KO but moving his feet and using his boxing.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Boring was a bad term, but it was tough to watch for me for three rounds because Miocic looked just awful in there compared to what he was capable of.

The 4th round was what I expected from him earlier - not necessarily a KO but moving his feet and using his boxing.
Fair enough, Stipe was trash for first 3 rounds I agree.

IMO DC got very cocky and thought he could KO Stipe again. Should've used leg kicks and wrestling again.

Last edited:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
Fair enough, Stipe was trash for first 3 rounds I agree.

IMO DC got very cocky and thought he could KO Stipe again. Should've used leg kicks and wrestling again.
He was only trash in the 1st. He started coming on stronger in the 2nd, and the last couple minutes of the 3rd he started to take the reigns.

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
it was all those body shots they added up and opened up DCs head perfect game plan in the 4th

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad