GDT: UFC 240: Holloway vs. Edgar

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Holloway looked good and was in control for the entire fight. It was completely one-sided after a close first round. Credit to Frankie for staying in there but I don't think he hurt Holloway even once in the entire fight and every time Holloway really got aggressive towards the end of rounds, Frankie ate some big shots and was just trying to survive. I wonder if it could've been stopped if Holloway didn't try to pace himself and really went after it.

Cyborg was pretty dominant in the co-main and Spencer is crazy tough. It seems like Spencer could get to 135 if she really works at it and could give some contenders issues.

Neal vs. Price was a fun fight.

I like Dawodu. He mixes up his striking really well and was just relentless in the third round. Great head kick finish.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
A little bit let down from Max-Frankie fight. I didn't expect it to be quite that one-sided, although I did expect Max to win. Max looked great, though. Good to see after the Poirier fight, especially so soon after the Poirier fight. Kind of sad for Frankie. He still has the fight left in him, but it seems like he realized he's no longer a title challenger. At least not at 145. I don't know if he could make 135lb, but that would be his best shot at another title shot.

I don't get this Spencer's stock went up thing. She got her ass absolutely whooped. Props for being tough and all, but outside of Nunes and Holm, she's just another in a string of girls who should probably be fighting at 135 and still wouldn't be at the top of that division.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->