Featherweight bout: Gavin Tucker vs. Seung Woo Choi
Flyweight bout: Alexandre Pantoja vs. Deiveson Figueiredo

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Women's Flyweight bout: Gillian Robertson vs. Sarah Frota
Welterweight bout: Erik Koch vs. Kyle Stewart
Heavyweight bout: Tanner Boser vs. Giacomo Lemos​

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I really wish they'd give the option to pay say $300-$400 for the year and get everything. I wouldn't mind watching some of these fights but just can't justify the cost. Trying to slip a PPV between early July and mid August just didn't make sense.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I've been waiting to see this main event for so long now. 2 of my favorite fighters in the UFC and 2 of the best ever in that division. This fight needed to happen at some point. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to wait an extra week to actually see it.

From what I've seen from Spencer, she's just not athletic enough to give Cyborg any problems. I expect Cyborg to roll over her.

Rest of the card....:boredom:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I really wish they'd give the option to pay say $300-$400 for the year and get everything. I wouldn't mind watching some of these fights but just can't justify the cost. Trying to slip a PPV between early July and mid August just didn't make sense.
I'll refrain from my usual "they have too many cards" rant.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
It's funny, the UFC apparently was originally targeting Vancouver for this PPV card but it didn't line up due to scheduling conflicts so instead they did this one in Edmonton and bumped Vancouver to a fight night in September. But looking at both events, it's arguable that Vancouver has the better overall card and possibly better main event too. After the main event and possibly co-main event(depending on how legit you feel Spencer is) there isn't a whole lot to get excited about on this one.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
For some reason I was certain that Holloway and Edgar had already fought once before. Good main event, two of the more likable guys in the sport.

Reactions: td_ice

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Really looking forward to the main bout. As a PPV though this is one of those cards that would be a complete disaster if Holloway or Edgar had to pull out. Not much interest personally in the women's fights unless they're for a belt; the belt fights always seem to deliver in a big way.

Reactions: m9

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Main event has name value but I don't know how good it'll be. I like Frankie and he can make Holloway work with his style but a part of me also feels like this is a bit of a tune up fight after the Poirier loss. The one thing Frankie could have in his favour is that Holloway is coming back rather quickly after his last fight where he took quite a bit of damage. He also moved up a weight class for that fight and now needs to cut weight again. He seems fine in the lead up so who knows if any of that will be a factor at all. I think Holloway will win a one-sided fight.

The only time I've watched Spencer was the Anderson fight and she looked pretty good. I doubt that translates over to this fight but Cyborg is coming off of a bad KO and seems to have one foot out the door. I'd still bet on Cyborg via finish though.

This card is brutal on paper. I guess I'm kinda interested in Neal and Dawodu but I'd be lying if I said I was all that excited for those fights.

Last edited:

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
The card is not great but it’s not as bad as people are saying. I’m also excited for the Niko Price fight.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
I like Edgar but he has nothing for Holloway. I see this being a very one-sided affair that Edgar may be able to survive in like a 50-44 type fight. Surprised Max isn't a bigger favorite.

It'll be interesting to see how Cyborg bounces back. Spencer carries a lot of extra weight at 145, assuming she loses (which is a pretty safe assumption) she should move to 135.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Cyborg just stole someone's flag

I wonder what would happen if the victim decided to call the police and press charges

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Pretty silly of Bruce Buffer to hold the "and" before announcing "still champion!"

Everyone in the building knew what the outcome was going to be

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->