GDT: UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
So sad when you have a decade past his prime Anderson Silva main eventing in 2019. Love The Spider, but he's going against probably the best up and coming fighter in the division here. He's likely to be slept here. At best he loses a clear decision, but I'd be shocked if he didn't go to sleep in this one.

member 51464

It will be sad to watch Anderson get retired here, but Israel just seems to be on another level.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Israel should have this, this looks to me like the passing of the torch, he's the perfect guy to carry that style in the division.

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
A little too much respect if you ask me. This is not the same dude that just completely wrecked Brunson.
He should still win on points but you never know what the judges will do.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
A little too much respect if you ask me. This is not the same dude that just completely wrecked Brunson.
He should still win on points but you never know what the judges will do.

Yeah, it's amazing how much respect Silva still commands. To be fair, he looked prepared for this even at 43(soon to be 44).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That should go to Adesanya. Either 3-0 or 2-1. Anderson just didn’t do enough in the third round.

It went much differently than I expected. I thought Anderson would get finished but he was game.

member 51464

I took the post-fight to mean Anderson would like a winnable fight in Curitiba to ride into the sunset after.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Cool to see Silva hang around.

Thought the fight was okay, nothing special.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Yea but is he a legit champ? Or he's trolling?

I’ve never heard of someone being awarded championship because other person gets sick.

If you look a page back I thought the same but once the surprise wears off you realize it’s bullshit. He doesn’t need interim belt either, he’s clearly next in line anyway.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I’ve never heard of someone being awarded championship because other person gets sick.

If you look a page back I thought the same but once the surprise wears off you realize it’s bull****. He doesn’t need interim belt either, he’s clearly next in line anyway.

It's not quite the same, but Khabib was to fight Ferguson for the title (interim?), but when Ferguson pulled out, Kabib fought Iaquinta instead, but only Khabib was eligible to win the strap

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Anderson looked a lot better than I was anticipating, but there was a little bit too much respect in there. It felt like both of them could have turned it up a notch or 2.

I thought for sure this was Anderson's last fight. He's 43. He was in tears at the weigh in. He thanked God a few times for "1 more time". He stayed around for the octagon interview. Then nothing. In the post fight press conference, he said he wants to fight Nick Diaz in his home town. I'm not a big fan of watching over the hill legends continue to fight, but that one would be a lot of fun.

I watched some of the TUF season with Montana De La Rosa. She looks a helluva lot better. I don't know anything about that girl she fought, but that was complete domination.

I understand Alvey being upset about the stoppage while giving the thumbs up, but he should just be thankful that Crute didn't blast him into another dimension after the initial knock down.

Reactions: m9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->