GDT: UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
The presser with Conor in that light purple suit and his whiskey bottle was slightly bizarre and a bit embarrassing. Perhaps the whiskey affected his acting skills because it didn't feel that genuine.

I hope the fight stays on the feet with some nice combos, and if that happens it's an easy win for McGregor.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
It almost feels like this whole thing has been a advertisement for Connor's whiskey brand.

That being said it should be an interesting fight.

I would love to see Khabib make him tap.

Connor has a punchers chance so it can go either way.

Mighty Makar

I hate this fu*ken team
May 24, 2016
If Conor doesn’t knock Khabib out in the first couple rounds, Khabib will get the W. I hope Khabib beats the piss out of him for all 5 rounds, though. I wanna see a beatdown like Arona did to Sakuraba.

SuperScript29

Nov 17, 2017
Connor needs to becareful with his cardio. His reach is phenomenal and he knows how to keep the distance from the opponent while tagging them on the outside to score points. This may be a plan to fall back on if knocking out Khabib does not work out in the first round.

I think he's also banking on the fact that Khabib takes ppl down but has a weak submission or finishing game, so he's thinking that if he loses, it will be a decision. If he can pull out the edge in the first 3 rounds but lose rest he can get the desicion.

crazychimp

Jun 24, 2014
Vancouver
Can't wait for this one! People keep talking about Conors left hand but if he does win I think he'll catch Khabib with something like a knee or kick, also I keep hearing if Khabib wins he'll win via decision but I can see him submitting Conor. It's going to be a very interesting fight.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think Conor's athleticism is often over-looked, so in theory, it should be easier for him to learn to avoid being taken down than it would be for Khabib to learn how to avoid being hit

With that said, it's tough to know how hard Conor's been training for this fight. Has he been putting in the time at the gym or has he been too busy trying to become a whiskey tycoon

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Can't wait for this one! People keep talking about Conors left hand but if he does win I think he'll catch Khabib with something like a knee or kick, also I keep hearing if Khabib wins he'll win via decision but I can see him submitting Conor. It's going to be a very interesting fight.
I think he might catch Khabib with an uppercut when going for a take down tbh. Maybe a knee, but I noticed an uppercut as part of his repertoire during the open workouts too.

Of course, just as easily, Khabib can take him down and maul him at will on the mat, especially if Conor's cardio isn't up to snuff in the later rounds. He keeps talking about going 30 minutes in the boxing ring, but he was looking awful after the 5th or 6th round, which would have lined up with the middle of the 3rd round in a 5x5 UFC fight, which is where he usually gassed out during his Diaz fights.

This fight will be determined by Conor's cardio imo. As we get closer to the fight, I'm growing more skeptical of my confidence in Conor. I'm at the point where my heart is saying Conor cause I'm a fan, but my head at the moment is saying Khabib. I can't wait to see how this unfolds. I'm probably going to flip flop so many times leading up to the main event. I honestly have no clue.

Conor strikes me as being a little off/different leading up to this one. When an antagonist doesn't get a reaction from their target it rattles/frustrates them. You could see that at the weigh-in. Conor also seems even more charged up than usual. That's coming off as false bravado IMO. This is the first time I get the feeling he genuinely feels it's possible he could lose, and lose badly.

Kind of feeling similar. He seems to be overcompensating. I won't count the first press conference because he seemed to be drunk out of his mind or some shit, but the second press conference he couldn't do what he usually does because Khabib figured he wasn't going to play the game, and Conor seemed to be overcompensating for something at the weigh-ins. What he does there is usually the norm with him creating a stir, but he was really something else there.

You can tell when he's super confident and he gives his "Mystic Mac" prediction by saying which round he'll end it in. He did it in every fight build except for the Diaz ones because the first one was short notice and the second one was a redemption fight for him. He even had a "Mystic Mac" prediction for the Floyd fight. All he's said in this one is that he wants to rearrange Khabib's face and that he's preparing for 5 rounds. It definitely seems different this time.

Reactions: BGDDYKWL

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I'm surprised the betting line shifted even further on Conor. I put down money at +130 and now he's +150, pretty annoying.

Must be some mafia money coming in on Khabib shifting that line.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Lewis vs. Volkov is flying completely under the radar, as most fights do on a Conor card, but that's a high level HW fight. Hopefully Lewis' back holds up and we see him at full strength.

Lewis is awesome.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Can someone pm an HD stream if they find one? I would be grateful.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Personal favorite athletes of all time...

2b- Vladimir Konstantinov
2a- Steve Yzerman
1- Tony Ferguson

The comeback walkout is almost here...

If he takes his sunglasses off so he doesn't trip and blow his knee out.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
I think Conor's athleticism is often over-looked, so in theory, it should be easier for him to learn to avoid being taken down than it would be for Khabib to learn how to avoid being hit

With that said, it's tough to know how hard Conor's been training for this fight. Has he been putting in the time at the gym or has he been too busy trying to become a whiskey tycoon

Khabib's tendency to get cracked and Conor's cardio are the two things that stand out to me.

As well as Khabib being able to handle the emotions that fighting Conor brings to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->