GDT: UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
After all the flack he caught for the 'boring' fights it's nice that he just took control and put on a good show.

He deserves all the flack for those fights, but he also deserves the credit for wins like that one tonight.

Hope he gets back in there soon vs Covington.

Reactions: Avs_19

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I thought they got rid of Goldberg because he sounded bush league. Well, Cormier isn't any different

Dominick Cruz, on the other hand, is exactly what an analyst in the world's top organization should sound like

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Speaker

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
People love to shit on Woodley for being boring but his opponents don't really do anything in front of him either. No one wants to get hit with that left hand

Reactions: td_ice

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Woodley dominated him. That's one scary dude. GSP vs Woodley please.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I thought they got rid of Goldberg because he sounded bush league. Well, Cormier isn't any different

Dominick Cruz, on the other hand, is exactly what an analyst in the world's top organization should sound like

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He deserves all the flack for those fights, but he also deserves the credit for wins like that one tonight.

Hope he gets back in there soon vs Covington.
The Maia fight was awful, no question there, though Woodley tore his labrum in the fight. The first Wonderboy fight was good and even got Fight of the Night; however, fighting Wonderboy is unfortunately a double edged sword..if you take risks with him he can easily finish you or catch you in a dangerous situation because of his unorthodox and unpredictable style, so if you play it safe and try to time your shots on him instead then it turns into a really boring point-fighting contest, like it was the second time around. Then Wonderboy fought Till and it was the same thing there too.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The Maia fight was awful, no question there, though Woodley tore his labrum in the fight. The first Wonderboy fight was good and even got Fight of the Night; however, fighting Wonderboy is unfortunately a double edged sword..if you take risks with him he can easily finish you or catch you in a dangerous situation because of his unorthodox and unpredictable style, so if you play it safe and try to time your shots on him instead then it turns into a really boring point-fighting contest, like it was the second time around. Then Wonderboy fought Till and it was the same thing there too.

He just said in the after show he tore his labrum again before this fight. Probably 9 more months before he takes another fight.

That's why I don't like Woodley, he is just milking his run.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He just said in the after show he tore his labrum again before this fight. Probably 9 more months before he takes another fight.

Let's be honest though, who else is there for him at WW? All that's left for him are Colby, Usman and RDA. He will mop the floor with all 3.

Reactions: Deen

h2

Mar 26, 2002
Woodley dominated him. That's one scary dude. GSP vs Woodley please.

As a big GSP fan, that would've been a fight to see 6 years ago. He's doing the big money fights now and he seems to have his sights set on 155.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
As a big GSP fan, that would've been a fight to see 6 years ago. He's doing the big money fights now and he seems to have his sights set on 155.

Hendricks basically beat GSP and Woodley is a better Hendricks. I still think that fight would be lit.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Usman is no joke man. Could be champ.
Usman is very good I agree, but his striking leaves a lot to be desired IMO and I don't see him being successful at taking a wrestling approach with Woodley. Woodley's only 'weakness' at this point is potentially his gas tank, but even then if you can't take him down and you can't knock him out or get inside cause his right hand could KO you at any moment, how do you beat him? I don't see him losing for a long time, if ever again assuming he retires within 2 years.

I think Till would've done better if he had another 2-3 fights under his belt. Unfortunately for him, WW is shallow right now and with Colby out with an injury and RDA losing his title shot he had to step up.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal

He is milking his run. You get more endorsement opportunities and all as a champ. Now what happens with Colby, a second interim belt for him? LOL

Let's be honest though, who else is there for him at WW? All that's left for him are Colby, Usman and RDA. He will mop the floor with all 3.

Usman...maybe not.

Hendricks basically beat GSP and Woodley is a better Hendricks. I still think that fight would be lit.

Yeah, that fight was arguably a Hendricks win. In GSP's defense he was exhausted from the pressure and Hendricks post USADA is done. So...maybe a fresh GSP would do better, who knows.

Usman is no joke man. Could be champ.

I agree. I think Colby and Usman both have potential champ material but I'm unsure if they can beat Woodley though. If it was Usman vs Till I think Usman would've wrestled him non stop, same with Colby.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad