GDT: UFC 228: Woodley vs. Till

GuthrieGovan

Feb 26, 2018
He's not going to risk getting dropped by Till, so this will end up likely being a feint fest with a lot of leaning against the cage battling for under hooks.
I can see Tyron using his Wrestling, mixing up it up with his striking and going for Doubles, keep Till guessing and anxious, not sure what's coming. That'd be the smart strategy.

He did that against Thompson in their first fight in the first round and had success. Why he didn't do more of that throughout that fight I don't know. Wanted to prove he could hang with someone like Thompson on the feet I guess. Probably doesn't want to fight too similar to GSP aswell.

Someone like Tyron doesn't use everything he has at his disposal. He could be way more devastating than he already is. We all saw what he did to Lawler, the guy could be one of the most exciting fighters in the sport and I'd be a fan of his if he did that.

MD thaivuN

Anime Music Hipster
Aug 2, 2012
Montreal
www.youtube.com
I can see Tyron using his Wrestling, mixing up it up with his striking and going for Doubles, keep Till guessing and anxious, not sure what's coming. That'd be the smart strategy.

He did that against Thompson in their first fight in the first round and had success. Why he didn't do more of that throughout that fight I don't know. Wanted to prove he could hang with someone like Thompson on the feet I guess. Probably doesn't want to fight too similar to GSP aswell.

Someone like Tyron doesn't use everything he has at his disposal. He could be way more devastating than he already is. We all saw what he did to Lawler, the guy could be one of the most exciting fighters in the sport and I'd be a fan of his if he did that.

Gas tank conservation as wrestling is exhausting as F.. Woodley's game is designed to not gas. So, all his attacks are counter strikes or "GSP-style" counter takedowns (aka shoot only when the easy takedown is available). the first wonderboy fight, Woodley took him down by catching a naked leg kick. Once Wonderboy stopped leg kicking, Woodley couldn't find an opening to get an effortless takedown

Last edited:
Reactions: Number34

GuthrieGovan

Feb 26, 2018
Gas tank conservation as wrestling is exhausting as F.. Woodley's game is designed to not gas. So, all his attacks are counter strikes or "GSP-style" counter takedowns (aka shoot only when the easy takedown is available). the first wonderboy fight, Woodley took him down by catching a naked leg kick. Once Wonderboy stopped leg kicking, Woodley couldn't find an opening to get an effortless takedown
Well said.

I forgot about the low kick.

That brings me to a point about Till. He needs to time his kicks right and not throw too many.

I like Till, but I honestly think he's fighting an uphill battle.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think Esparza is gonna get smoked. She is in trouble already.

Cormier on Suarez...."she mauling her."

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Never heard of this Suarez chick until 5 minutes ago, but wow she is going to be a problem for anyone at 115. Esparza is a legit opponent too.

Reactions: Avs_19

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Haha....when Suarez is asked who she wants to fight now, she says Rose Namajunas, and that,....."she better put that in the mail right now."

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
One of the better knockouts we've seen in the female UFC division. Vicious.

Reactions: Avs_19

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Other than Holm/Rousey, has there been a better female KO than that in the UFC?

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Other than Holm/Rousey, has there been a better female KO than that in the UFC?
In terms of a straight up boxing KO, no probably not. That was about as clean and crisp as they come.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I just looked it up and apparently Bruce Buffer makes $100,000 per event

That seems like a gross over-payment. I can't imagine he wouldn't do it for a fraction of that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->