Middleweight bout: Charles Byrd vs. Darren Stewart

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass)

Welterweight bout: Diego Sanchez vs. Craig White
Lightweight bout: Jim Miller vs. Alex White
Women's Bantamweight bout: Irene Aldana vs. Lucie Pudilova
Welterweight bout: Geoff Neal vs. Frank Camacho
Flyweight bout: Jarred Brooks vs. Roberto Sanchez​

member 51464

Random question. I have a cousin who joined the Army and just got deployed to Iraq for his first tour.

Do they show UFC events on AFN? I'm sure they show at least some fights, but I didn't know if it was limited to something like fight nights only and never PPV or if something like this card might air as well but only way after it was live.

We have a pretty big age gap and discussing MMA is one thing we share so I'm hoping it can continue to be something to bond over. Time zones notwithstanding.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think this is a good match up for Woodley and he should be able to take away Till's strengths. I just hope Till can make weight and make it more competitive and entertaining than some of Woodley's recent fights.

Valentina is one of the best female fighters and everyone is expecting her to win pretty easily in the co-main. I don't know much about Montano but she has just seemed like a placeholder from the beginning. Has the challenger ever been this big of a favourite in a title fight? According to bestfightodds.com, the lowest you can get Valentina is currently -1070 and it's as high as -1800.

It's really unfortunate that Yair had to pull out of the fight against Zabit. That was easily the fight I was looking forward to the most on this card. Zabit's going to destroy this poor Davis dude who stepped in late.

Sterling vs. Stamann and Rivera vs. Dodson could be two good ones on the prelims. This card actually has some good depth but it's lacking at the top.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Random question. I have a cousin who joined the Army and just got deployed to Iraq for his first tour.

Do they show UFC events on AFN? I'm sure they show at least some fights, but I didn't know if it was limited to something like fight nights only and never PPV or if something like this card might air as well but only way after it was live.

We have a pretty big age gap and discussing MMA is one thing we share so I'm hoping it can continue to be something to bond over. Time zones notwithstanding.

I'm not sure, though I do have family overseas that can watch every event through Fight Pass. Don't know about AFN.

Reactions: member 51464

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think this is a good match up for Woodley and he should be able to take away Till's strengths. I just hope Till can make weight and make it more competitive and entertaining than some of Woodley's recent fights.

Valentina is one of the best female fighters and everyone is expecting her to win pretty easily in the co-main. I don't know much about Montano but she has just seemed like a placeholder from the beginning. Has the challenger ever been this big of a favourite in a title fight? According to bestfightodds.com, the lowest you can get Valentina is currently -1070 and it's as high as -1800.

It's really unfortunate that Yair had to pull out of the fight against Zabit. That was easily the fight I was looking forward to the most on this card. Zabit's going to destroy this poor Davis dude who stepped in late.

Sterling vs. Stamann and Rivera vs. Dodson could be two good ones on the prelims. This card actually has some good depth but it's lacking at the top.

Montano is not good - this will be an easy night for Shevchenko.

I actually like Till to win this fight. The gap between Woodley, Wonderboy, and Till is almost nothing and I'll take the hungrier fighter in Till by split decision.

I really don't like the rest of this card.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

I actually like Till to win this fight. The gap between Woodley, Wonderboy, and Till is almost nothing and I'll take the hungrier fighter in Till by split decision.

I think this card overall is sub par. Woodley is not a must view fighter. His matches are generally really boring with very little action. The rest of the card is not even remotely interesting, and the headliner is not interesting enough to get me to pay for it. Weak card.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
This card has a lot of intriguing fighters, but not many intriguing fights. I fully expect Valentina, Zabit, and Suarez to walk through their fights.

Woodley-Till could be a great fight. I just hope Till makes weight and one of them pushes the pace. Both sat back against Wonderboy, which I understand, but it doesn't make for a fun fight. I think Woodley wins it, though. Size is the only thing Till has on Woodley IMO.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013

Yeah, if Mario was the ref, I'd be concerned for Montano's well being.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think this card overall is sub par. Woodley is not a must view fighter. His matches are generally really boring with very little action. The rest of the card is not even remotely interesting, and the headliner is not interesting enough to get me to pay for it. Weak card.

I think Till (if he makes weight) will be a real challenge for Woodley. I'm not sure if the fight will be exciting, but I could see Till winning the a couple of early rounds and putting some urgency into Woodley.

This card has a lot of intriguing fighters, but not many intriguing fights. I fully expect Valentina, Zabit, and Suarez to walk through their fights.

Woodley-Till could be a great fight. I just hope Till makes weight and one of them pushes the pace. Both sat back against Wonderboy, which I understand, but it doesn't make for a fun fight. I think Woodley wins it, though. Size is the only thing Till has on Woodley IMO.

I hate pointing to "intangibles" as a reason for a guy to win a fight, but I do think Till has those here. He wants the belt and has been more active recently. I'm not even sure if Woodley wants to fight, he just wants to have the belt.

Yeah, if Mario was the ref, I'd be concerned for Montano's well being.

Speaking of people who just want to have the belt, I can't wait for Montano to lose this fight. I don't know how the UFC has let her hold this belt without defending it for so long and hijack the division. She wouldn't have even won the belt if Eubanks hadn't gotten hurt.

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
I hate pointing to "intangibles" as a reason for a guy to win a fight, but I do think Till has those here. He wants the belt and has been more active recently. I'm not even sure if Woodley wants to fight, he just wants to have the belt.

Speaking of people who just want to have the belt, I can't wait for Montano to lose this fight. I don't know how the UFC has let her hold this belt without defending it for so long and hijack the division. She wouldn't have even won the belt if Eubanks hadn't gotten hurt.
I see your point. There is something to be said for being a hungrier fighter, but at the same time, Woodley has never done anything for me to think he's not professional. So I fully expect that he's been putting in the work this training camp and will show up on Saturday. Until something changes my opinion on that, I'm just looking at their skills. Woodley is the better all around fighter and is a very smart fighter. I think he'll figure it out. Till is a beast, though. He could easily make me look foolish.

The female flyweight division being hijacked is pretty low on the list of concerns for me. Outside of Valentina, there's not a whole lot there. Eubanks probably puts up a better fight than Montano just because she's bigger and more athletic, but I think Valentina lights her up, too. Unless some girls start changing divisions (which is entirely possible given it is a new division in between other divisions), Valentina is going to be the Ronda, Mighty Mouse, Joanna, Cyborg of the female flyweight division for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avs_19 and m9

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I have Till in my parlay.

Justin Gaethje got me a win, need a win for Till and a win for Khabib (Though, I'll be cheering for Conor)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The odds have Woodley as the underdog now. I haven't seen prop bets for the co-main yet but Valentina inside the distance might be decent odds to pair with Woodley.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I'm picking Till, but getting Woodley as an underdog is great. Public really wants him to lose.

He's probably back to being the favorite once smart money rolls in.

Reactions: Avs_19

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm picking Till, but getting Woodley as an underdog is great. Public really wants him to lose.

He's probably back to being the favorite once smart money rolls in.

Yup. The odds will likely shift by fight time.

In this type of fight I'd usually like to see the younger fighter win to shake things up but today Till once again said this could be his last fight at 170, win or lose. Belts have been devalued so it probably won't hurt things too much but it does create a bit of a mess if he wins and immediately vacates.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Yup. The odds will likely shift by fight time.

In this type of fight I'd usually like to see the younger fighter win to shake things up but today Till once again said this could be his last fight at 170, win or lose. Belts have been devalued so it probably won't hurt things too much but it does create a bit of a mess if he wins and immediately vacates.

Yeah, it will be a mess.. but funny. Might need to dust off Covington's interim belt.

I don't care who wins, I just don't want Woodley to win in boring fashion again.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Good news is Till made weight.

Bad news is Montano was taken to the hospital due to weight cut issues and the co-main is off. Hopefully she’s okay and it’s nothing serious. You also have to feel for Valentina because she has been wanting this fight for a long time and probably already should’ve been the champ by now.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010

Now she can't make weight - shocker. She needs to be stripped of the belt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad