GDT: UFC 223: Khabib vs. Iaquinta

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Conor has had the chance to fight Khabib. Hell they could set the match after Saturday night. In what world would Khabib get off the bus when theres 20+ lunatics running around, picking up garbage cans, chairs, etc and throwing them at buses while hes cutting weight and has a fight in 2 days.

Yeah what a *****.

You seem to think I'm on Conor's side on this. I'm not. I'm not on Khabib's either as I thought his silly little ballroom drama with Lobov was also really stupid. I'm against both of them because they're both pretending to be tough guys while not actually doing anything but talk tough on twitter and throw fits. It's stupid.

That being said, I'd still love to see them fight. :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah, it looks like Chiesa/Pettis is still on unless the commission steps in.

Agree about Caceres as well. He did nothing wrong and got screwed.

That's the real crime here. Chiesa gets cut before a fight because two pretenders have a twitter beef going, and Caceres trains for a fight that gets cancelled right before the event. What a shit show.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I loved Conor back when he was actually fighting and not a total meathead. He's turned into a complete moron. The Mayweather payday was the worst thing to happen to him and MMA. Good job Dana, you red potatohead.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
No one appreciates the villain eh? After a lull in MMA news this will put them in the headlines for a bit. I don’t think anyone here can really call any of these guys “fake tough guys”

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Yet he didn't get off the bus, so....:laugh:

Too many pretenders trying to act hard all around this situation. Like usual, nothing of any substance, just manufactured drama.

The driver wouldn't open the doors. There's video on TMZ taken from inside the bus of everyone, including Khabib, yelling at the driver to let them off. Besides, why should he have gotten off and risk missing his fight with Max?

I love how you're putting as much blame for this on Khabib as you are Conor.

That's the real crime here. Chiesa gets cut before a fight because two pretenders have a twitter beef going, and Caceres trains for a fight that gets cancelled right before the event. What a **** show.

So it's Khabib's fault that Caceres doesn't get to fight?

Last edited:
Reactions: Evil Speaker

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
No one appreciates the villain eh? After a lull in MMA news this will put them in the headlines for a bit. I don’t think anyone here can really call any of these guys “fake tough guys”

I mean its good media if you want to be compared to the WWE/WWF in regards to drama and parking lot rumbles lol.

I think Conor took it to a level that it didn't need to go. You want to fight Khabib because he and Lobov had a argument? Go through the proper channels and schedule a damn fight to get paid instead of gathering a group of people and attacking a bus. The stupidity of his decision is mind boggling.

Yup, no one in the UFC or competing in professional MMA are "fake tough guys". This is what they do for a living.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Appreciate the villain? They're professional fighters who've been training their asses off and trying to make weight for matches in two days. At least one fight has already been nixed. This isn't the f***ing WWE.

Reactions: Evil Speaker

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Thanks, Conor. Gotta feel for these fighters who got hurt and/or lost out on a fight because of this nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: LSCII

Boris Le Tigre

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jan 9, 2007
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It’s not too far fetched to think that. Big Russian stadium booked in the fall; Khabib/Lobov; now this...

That’s some “dismissed as coincidence” like momentum for a conspiracy theory.

GSP somehow in position to fight the winner ...then again the players have fought fans in the NBA and NHL before. Crazy stuff happens. Business is the driving factor when it’s professional because of the money involved whether it’s sports or entertainment.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
If this was a card anywhere other than NYC or Vegas, yeah I could maybe consider the very slight possibility it was staged. But even if it was in Winnipeg or some other smaller city, that's far fetched.

Given that this is a NYC event and he appears to have prevented 3 fights from happening now, there's probably less than a .01% chance it was staged. McGregor is just egomaniacal moron who may or may not be on drugs.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
LOL, watching the ESPN video of Dana White being interviewed about it and I lost it when he said "I don't know if he's on drugs or what."

At this point it's the only thing that explains it.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
LOL, watching the ESPN video of Dana White being interviewed about it and I lost it when he said "I don't know if he's on drugs or what."

At this point it's the only thing that explains it.
Him and Jon Jones would make great friends at a party apparently.

Last edited:

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
You could tell he had started this drug binge back during the Fili/Lobov. From that to the Bellator thing to this there's no doubt in my mind that's what's going on.

Reactions: CanesInducedComa

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Zabit vs. Bochniak goes from the opening fight on Fight Pass to the PPV main card. Big opportunity for Zabit to really make a name for himself.

Luke Thomas is one of many people who are very high on him:

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
I can't wait for McGregor to headline Broke 2, it's going to be such a good 30 for 30.

No way. All the lawsuits wont even put a big dent in him. Even he loses 10mil he's still probably above 100

Zabit vs. Bochniak goes from the opening fight on Fight Pass to the PPV main card. Big opportunity for Zabit to really make a name for himself.

Luke Thomas is one of many people who are very high on him:

That's one silver lining I guess. Imo Zabit is the most exciting unranked fighter right now by a decent amount.

Damn though, this is just pathetic. The whole card is just fubar, I hope they get some replacements to salvage this train wreck. Thanks Conor yah prick. I've been over him for a while....would be fine if he disappeared, though I do still want to see Diaz III but that's more because Nate deserves it and I want to see him beat his ass 1 more time.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
No way. All the lawsuits wont even put a big dent in him. Even he loses 10mil he's still probably above 100

That's one silver lining I guess. Imo Zabit is the most exciting unranked fighter right now by a decent amount.

Damn though, this is just pathetic. The whole card is just fubar, I hope they get some replacements to salvage this train wreck. Thanks Conor yah prick. I've been over him for a while....would be fine if he disappeared, though I do still want to see Diaz III but that's more because Nate deserves it and I want to see him beat his ass 1 more time.

It's not going to be the lawsuits, it's the fact that the guy needs to be the center of attention. Wouldn't doubt if this is only another progression in his erratic behaviour.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Yet he didn't get off the bus, so....:laugh:

Too many pretenders trying to act hard all around this situation. Like usual, nothing of any substance, just manufactured drama.

You are joking right? There's a group of idiots led by Connor throwing shit at the bus and you want him to get out?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad