UFC_223_event_poster.jpeg

Date: April 7, 2018
Venue: Barclays Center
City: Brooklyn, New York
Time: 10pm ET/7pm PT
Viewing: PPV

MAIN CARD (PPV)

Lightweight Championship bout: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs. Al Iaquinta
Women's Strawweight Championship bout: Rose Namajunas (c) vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk
Featherweight bout: Renato Moicano vs. Calvin Kattar
Featherweight bout: Zabit Magomedsharipov vs. Kyle Bochniak
Lightweight bout: Joe Lauzon vs. Chris Gruetzemacher

PRELIMINARY CARD (FS1, TSN 5)

Women’s Strawweight bout: Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs. Felice Herrig
Women's Flyweight bout: Bec Rawlings vs. Ashlee Evans-Smith
Lightweight bout: Evan Dunham vs. Olivier Aubin-Mercier
Light Heavyweight bout: Devin Clark vs. Mike Rodriguez​

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Would really love to see Max stun the world here. Not sure the short camp is going to let him be prepared enough to do that though.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
I don't see Max having the size to really compete against Khabib. I think he's going to get smashed but man do i love him for taking the bout, anyway.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Losing that main event again is really unfortunate but this is a great card. There are a lot of good and interesting fights from top to bottom. Zabit is in the opening fight and some people believe he could be a contender one day.

Regarding the new main event, there's no way Holloway will be at his best but I just hope he has been training and is in relatively good fight shape. He had to pull out of the March 3rd card because of a leg/ankle injury and was targeting a July/August return before taking this fight.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Would be great for Holloway to show well here, but I'm pretty worried about what happens if he's caught on the bottom.

On the feet though, I think Holloway toys with Khabib. Not sure how long it stays there, though.

Kind of a weird card other than the title fights. Lots of interesting fights, but nothing jumping out as can't miss.

Oct 15, 2008
Good on Holloway for taking the fight. He is going to get ruined though. There will be no place for Connor to hide after this.

Reactions: Gains

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Would be great for Holloway to show well here, but I'm pretty worried about what happens if he's caught on the bottom.

On the feet though, I think Holloway toys with Khabib. Not sure how long it stays there, though.

Kind of a weird card other than the title fights. Lots of interesting fights, but nothing jumping out as can't miss.

Maybe not can't miss but on the main card I'm really looking forward to the Chiesa/Pettis and Iaquinta/Felder fights. Lots of good stuff on this card.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Maybe not can't miss but on the main card I'm really looking forward to the Chiesa/Pettis and Iaquinta/Felder fights. Lots of good stuff on this card.

Yeah, Chiesa v Pettis is the one I like the most but I'll always be game for a Pettis fight.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just as I post that, we now might have to wait and see if Chiesa/Pettis actually happens.

Conor and his team showed up to media day apparently looking for Khabib after his altercation with Lobov the other day and all hell broke loose.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I rooted for Conor when he was on the rise, but he is honestly the biggest tool now. Can't stand him.

I guess we will see him coked up out of his mind Saturday night.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Crazy times. The event just got a whole lot of press though...lol

I don't think they needed this kind of press.

Dana says Rose was almost hit in the bus as well and apparently she's shaken up.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Surprise, surprise, Conor fans are absolutely LOVING this. Apparently it's all payback for Khabib confronting Artem in the hotel. :eyeroll:

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Surprise, surprise, Conor fans are absolutely LOVING this. Apparently it's all payback for Khabib confronting Artem in the hotel. :eyeroll:

Meh. It want much of a confrontation. More of a loud talk in Russian with some sort of a handshake at the end. Wonder if there is a translated version out there.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
So what happened between Artem and Khabib?

Apparently this is why all this has happened.

Edit just saw the above.

Will this stunt break Dana's relationship with Conor?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't think they needed this kind of press.

Dana says Rose was almost hit in the bus as well and apparently she's shaken up.

Yeah, I was making a joke. The only thing McGregor did was make it look like the WWE. Clearly out of his mind.

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
So what happened between Artem and Khabib?

Apparently this is why all this has happened.

Edit just saw the above.

Will this stunt break Dana's relationship with Conor?

Artem dissed Khabib to a Russian outlet, I think just making of his weight cut issues. Khabib confronted him on it, and it looked it was done when they went their separate ways. Obvioulsy Arterm called Conor crying and here we are.

Artem will probably be released, and I suspect the UFC just shelves Conor for as long as legally possible. But, he doesn't want to fight, at least in a cage anyway, so it's a win/win. I also wouldn't be surprised if everyone who was on the bus sues Conor, especially Michael Chiesa.

Reactions: McGhost Division

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->