GDT: UFC 221: Romero vs. Rockhold

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
If Romero is hurt the middleweight division will be such a mess.
The champ is hurt and has been out for a while. He only got the belt when the previous champ vacated. The previous champ to that went almost 2 years without facing the number one contender.
And now the new number one could be hurt and he missed weight in the fight to get him that distinction.

Lol what a mess.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Romero is a f***ing monster. Though I think it's become clear that Rockhold doesn't have much of a chin, or at least he leaves it very exposed.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
If Romero is hurt the middleweight division will be such a mess.
The champ is hurt and has been out for a while. He only got the belt when the previous champ vacated. The previous champ to that went almost 2 years without facing the number one contender.
And now the new number one could be hurt and he missed weight in the fight to get him that distinction.

Lol what a mess.

Whittaker should've fought Bisping before GSP.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some ridiculous power from Romero. That second left when Rockhold was on the ground was just brutal. I'm not really into a second Whittaker/Romero fight this quickly.

Hunt/Blaydes might not have been the most exciting fight but I liked what I saw from Blaydes. He ate some big shots early, recovered from them, and then used his obvious grappling advantage to pick up the win. I'm a Hunt fan too but that division badly needs some young fighters to move up the ranks.

Tuivasa is another young HW who looked good tonight.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Kinda looks good one Rockhold seems a bit cocky. I wonder what the guys at AKA think of him after leaving.

They're still down for him. DC tweeted some shit about Rockhold being the best Middleweight in the world with a bunch of hashtags of him Cain and Luke being 2x champs, and the best friends/fighters in the world blah blah blah.

Man I can't get enough of Rockhold getting ktfo, I used to like the dude when he was half ass humble, now he fights with pure ego, not confidence, ego.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
with an injury and two weeks less, i'd give him a pass for that missed weight cut. Romero is the one giving a favor to the UFC saving the card here

Meh I didn't care either, the interim belt is just a promotional tool, at this point it's basically just the "#1 Contender Belt".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad