GDT: UFC 204: Bisping vs. Henderson 2

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Some really creative striking by Bisping too... at least, more than what I usually see from him. He showed the heart of a champion.

Congrats to Mike. He exorcised a demon tonight and I love it when I see an older athlete do that.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I think Henderson made a huge mistake not holding Bisping down for the last 75 seconds of the 5th round

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Gonna miss that crazy ol' *******.. One of the greatest of all time.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I thought the Anderson/Bisping decision was controversial, not so much this one. Besides a couple H bombs and control late in the 5th, felt like Bisping controlled most of it

What about when Hendo laid on top of him for like 2 minutes in another round? :laugh:

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Bisping barely got by a borderline top ten MW.. Man, those top guys will absolutely kill him.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That was a great card from top to bottom. Very entertaining.

Main event was a lot closer than I expected but I thought Bisping won 48-47. I guess you could make the case for a draw as well because the 1st round could have been a 10-8. Happy for Bisping winning the belt and then defending it at home but I think he loses it in his next fight.

Hendo didn't win but that wasn't a bad way for him to go out. What a legend. He has put on a ton of entertaining fights for years. The UFC should give him one of those jobs where he gets paid to do nothing.

Vitor doesn't have much left but that was still a great performance by Mousasi. He deserves one of the top guys in the division. If he can't get one of the four currently in that mini tournament then I guess Anderson or the winner of Whittaker/Brunson wouldn't be bad either. He'd be right up there in the title mix by now if it wasn't for that fluke loss to Hall.

Manuwa looked great. Struve did as well.

I still don't know much about Bektic but he looks pretty legit. 4-0 in the UFC now.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
That was a great card from top to bottom. Very entertaining.

Main event was a lot closer than I expected but I thought Bisping won 48-47. I guess you could make the case for a draw as well because the 1st round could have been a 10-8. Happy for Bisping winning the belt and then defending it at home but I think he loses it in his next fight.

Hendo didn't win but that wasn't a bad way for him to go out. What a legend. He has put on a ton of entertaining fights for years. The UFC should give him one of those jobs where he gets paid to do nothing.

Vitor doesn't have much left but that was still a great performance by Mousasi. He deserves one of the top guys in the division. If he can't get one of the four currently in that mini tournament then I guess Anderson or the winner of Whittaker/Brunson wouldn't be bad either. He'd be right up there in the title mix by now if it wasn't for that fluke loss to Hall.

Manuwa looked great. Struve did as well.

I still don't know much about Bektic but he looks pretty legit. 4-0 in the UFC now.

Hendo is going to be in Bellator next year dawg

member 51464

Glad to see Bisping defend. He isn't a young buck himself, so hope he enjoys it while it lasts.

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
48-47 was the correct scoring, but this fight is a perfect example of the flaws with round scoring. Hendo nearly finished Bisping twice, and Bisping never had Hendo in even remote danger. You score that fight as a whole and it's plain as day that Hendo won.

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
48-47 was the correct scoring, but this fight is a perfect example of the flaws with round scoring. Hendo nearly finished Bisping twice, and Bisping never had Hendo in even remote danger. You score that fight as a whole and it's plain as day that Hendo won.
Bingo.

Whatever the judges said, that is instantly one of my favorite fights ever.

Dan Henderson is a monster. Now and forever. He was fractions of an inch away from winning the title at 46 TWICE, as his follow-up ground-and-pound didn't QUIIIITE connect clean enough to put Bisping out. Hendo is an animal. One of the baddest dudes ever. Does anyone have a longer "Championships and Awards" section of his wikipedia page? MMA, wrestling, championships, fights of the year, knockouts of the year ... Hendo is the kind of fighter the Vikings would have sang songs about.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
Jacare is the most dangerous MW in the division. He's just never been given a chance because he doesn't sell PPV.

The way he manhandled Mousasi still haunts me. Very interested to see how he does against Rockhold.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad