GDT: UFC 193: Rousey vs Holm

member 51464

They're both trying to sell the fight, dude. That's what they do, it's part of their job. Especially considering everyone and their mother knows how easy a fight this is for Ronda. Holm isn't ready to take on the Cat Zingano's of the UFC, let alone the female Mike Tyson.

She's got to give people a reason to pay $60 to see her get ragdolled.

Ronda is a terrible actress :laugh:

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Ronda comes charging at Holm at the weigh-in and basically gets inside her face, and when Holm puts her hand up and it touches Ronda she loses it. Talks to Rogan immediately after saying Holm's been putting on an act this whole time and her putting her hands on Ronda just now proves that. Umm, you started the ENTIRE thing. If she's doing this to get some attention and sell the fight so be it, but if that was legit, this girl is delusional.

All for promotion. She knows what she's doing. They're already going to kill it on PPV and now this weigh-ins clip will be shown everywhere for the next 24 hours.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
I'd be extremely surprised if Holm gets out of 1st round let alone win a round.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Sure there's some hype for buildup but Roussey is an easy person to dislike. There's no way it's all manufactured. Especially when she bull-rushes you on stage. She always looks like her opponent just stole her lunch money.

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
A little overblown?

Not much happened. We know Ronda is nuts when its near fight night. Holm is always like that.

And Ronda via any damn way she desires.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
I'm just curious, I don't know much about Holm at all, but I know she is or was a professional boxer. Could she not beat Roussey on the feet? I've seen Joanna's boxing in the ring and I think she'd destroy Roussey if they were the same weight in a strict boxing match.

The Jesus*

I'm just curious, I don't know much about Holm at all, but I know she is or was a professional boxer. Could she not beat Roussey on the feet? I've seen Joanna's boxing in the ring and I think she'd destroy Roussey if they were the same weight in a strict boxing match.

In a boxing match she would beat Ronda. She'd use her jab to keep Ronda on the outside, and pick and move her to an easy decision.

But this isn't a boxing match. Even on the feet Ronda can shove her up against the cage and dirty box. Hit her with elbows and knees. And she clearly has knockout power. Inside a UFC ring, even if Ronda and Holly agreed to not go to the ground, Ronda still destroys her in the first round.

Really the only way Holly Holms can win is if she stays off the cage and the mat, never lets Ronda get within clinching distance, and circles her for 5 rounds moving in and out with quick combinations. I mean, I suppose it's possible. But that would require Ronda doing quite literally nothing but standing in the center of the ring for 5 rounds and letting Holly dance around and pick away at her.

But that won't happen. Holly doesn't hit hard enough to make Ronda fear moving in for the clinch. There's just no way she wins this fight.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
In a boxing match she would beat Ronda. She'd use her jab to keep Ronda on the outside, and pick and move her to an easy decision.

But this isn't a boxing match. Even on the feet Ronda can shove her up against the cage and dirty box. Hit her with elbows and knees. And she clearly has knockout power. Inside a UFC ring, even if Ronda and Holly agreed to not go to the ground, Ronda still destroys her in the first round.

Really the only way Holly Holms can win is if she stays off the cage and the mat, never lets Ronda get within clinching distance, and circles her for 5 rounds moving in and out with quick combinations. I mean, I suppose it's possible. But that would require Ronda doing quite literally nothing but standing in the center of the ring for 5 rounds and letting Holly dance around and pick away at her.

But that won't happen. Holly doesn't hit hard enough to make Ronda fear moving in for the clinch. There's just no way she wins this fight.

Yeah you can't keep someone at bay for 5 minutes.

The Jesus*

Yeah you can't keep someone at bay for 5 minutes.

Yeah, I think she knows that. I think I know what her gameplan will be. It will be to bait Ronda to move in for a clinch and tag her with a kick to the head. It's her only chance to win. However, in order to do it she's going to have to be tagging Ronda real good, because she's gonna need to have Ronda come in low and with her hands down going for a leg. Which she won't do if she's not hurt and/or scrambling to get away from punches.

When Ronda moves in on her opponents, notice how she never goes down for a leg? She comes in standing up and eats a couple shots to get the underhooks. Mainly because she's a judo expert, and you throw hip tosses from the standing position. But it's also because she knows that when you go down for a leg, you open yourself up to 1 shot KOs from knees and kicks. Ronda never shoots low. Ever. And she sure as hell isn't going to be backing up with her hands down. So Holms will try to pepper her, hurt her, and get Ronda shooting for a desperation takedown.

That's why Holm isn't trying to bait Ronda into standing with her by playing off her pride and saying she can't hang on the feet. She wants Ronda to come forward so she can land that head kick and knock her out as she moves in.

Nurmagomedov

Apr 13, 2015
Sick finishes in the prelims so far. Ben Nguyen with rock solid top control to get the rear naked and James Moontasri spectacular spinning heel kick to the liver into spinning backfist KO.

member 51464

Maybe it is the crazy long hair or frequency of ponytail rockage, but Holly Holm kind of seems like a Streetfighter character or something, haha.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
sagat3.png
Tiger!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->