UFA Marcel Goc at the deadline?

ohnoeszz

May 5, 2010
So I've heard the rumblings that FLA may be looking to sell in the near future. Goc is an upcoming UFA who is likely to draw some interest league wide.

Do you think he might be moved?

What do you think he's worth in trade?

What's your opinion on him as a player? What is he good/bad at?

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Well I don't think he'll be one of the players moved right now. He's great, and I don't see how trading him 10 games into the season makes the team better. That being said, I'm pretty sure he'll be moved at the deadline, in the likely chance this season doesn't improve.(I really like him, but I don't know if he'd sign an extension.) Now as for what he may be worth in a deadline deal, Samuel PÃ¥hlsson, a comparable player to Goc (Goc is better overall, but similar type of player) got CBJ two 4th round picks and a lower level prospect, so I think Goc should at least bring back a 2nd and a 3rd. As for what he's good at, he's amazing at faceoffs and a good pker who can pot a few garbage goals.

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
If he plays like he did in 11-12 and 13, at the TDL, at least 2nd + 3rd.

Hopefully if he's on the block, there's a bidding war and the price goes to something like a conditional 1st (1st if team reaches conference finals, otherwise 2nd + 3rd).

FlaPnthrsPunk

Apr 17, 2006
Coral Springs, FL
As much as I don't want to see him moved at the deadline, I can definitely see it to gain some prospects and/or picks. I love the guy as he's a great faceoff man and is such a veteran asset to any team. He tries hard in every game despite his age.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad