Salary Cap: UFA candidates for the 1 year McDavid bump in 2022

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
With Tyson Barrie's 1 year deal to boost his stock working out amazingly in his favour, you'd have to think there's the potential some quality UFA's this off-season look to do the same and sign a bargain deal to play with McD or Drai. So who are the candidates and who do you want?

My preference would be Jaden Schwartz. I think his game would compliment McD and Pulju well (assuming we break up the McDrai line for better depth). Nearly a PPG player in 2018, he's got a very strong 2 way game and a quick release. I could see him putting up a 30-40-70 season with McDavid (if healthy).

Other candidates:
Palmeiri
Hall
Saad
Granlund

Less likely (based on having good seasons and probably getting offers they like):
Coleman
Hoffman

Anyone I'm overlooking?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Coleman would be a good long term option for the right price. Hall will stay in Boston.

If it’s only a 1 year deal then my pick is Saad.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Coleman, Saad, Hall, Hoffman in that. Coleman would be the safest contract IMO. 4M x4 years

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Are you suggesting that these players should take one year deals?

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
If the Oilers expect guys like Holloway/McLeod to work their way up the depth chart over the next three years then signing a guy like Coleman would be ideal as he can play anywhere in the top 9. Not sure there are many one year show-me type targets this year. I’d be interested in Bozak as a bottom 6 RHC but he’s looking at year by year deals at 35 years old anyways.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad