UFA age limit question

Mandaou

Mar 6, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Is the HFNHL age limit for the beginning of next season (Sep 2007) the age of 30? At what date is that determined? ie age by Sep 1, 2007 etc..

I've read the rule book but I just want a little bit more clarification.

Thanks,
Claudio

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Is the HFNHL age limit for the beginning of next season (Sep 2007) the age of 30? At what date is that determined? ie age by Sep 1, 2007 etc..

I've read the rule book but I just want a little bit more clarification.

Thanks,
Claudio

I'm not exactly sure what the date is... i believe its always been determined by what's listed on the player vitals page (age + 1 to determine a players "free agency age" for the upcoming offseason). Maybe Reggie can clarify...

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
I believe 2006-07 was the transitional year for UFA age. My understanding is that for the coming season and going forward, HFNHL players qualify for UFA at age 29. Since players "agE" in teh HFNHL between seasons, this means any players currently currently showing 28 in the player vitals page will count as 29 next season, and thus be UFA eligible if their contract expires.

In terms of determining the actual age of the player (and they aren't all correct in the player vitals, so it pays to check), I think we settled on October 1st as the magic date, i.e. the player's age as of October 1st 2007 will be their age in the sim for the duration of the 2007-08 season.

HFNHL Red Wings

I believe 2006-07 was the transitional year for UFA age. My understanding is that for the coming season and going forward, HFNHL players qualify for UFA at age 29. Since players "agE" in teh HFNHL between seasons, this means any players currently currently showing 28 in the player vitals page will count as 29 next season, and thus be UFA eligible if their contract expires.

In terms of determining the actual age of the player (and they aren't all correct in the player vitals, so it pays to check), I think we settled on October 1st as the magic date, i.e. the player's age as of October 1st 2007 will be their age in the sim for the duration of the 2007-08 season.

Actually, IF I recall correctly, we were graduating it in so anyone that is 29 (going on 30) will be a UFA this summer and next year it goes down to 29 and then stays there.

The date I have always used (for consistency with drafts) when setting ages in ths Sim is September 15th.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
Actually, IF I recall correctly, we were graduating it in so anyone that is 29 (going on 30) will be a UFA this summer and next year it goes down to 29 and then stays there.

The date I have always used (for consistency with drafts) when setting ages in ths Sim is September 15th.

Quite right, my bad. September 15th is the magic date for birthdays, October 1st is the cutoff for retirements and players signing in Europe. And while I thought this had been the transitional (graduated) year, I guess having it another year out doesn't hurt. In any event, my original response was so typo-filled it deserves to be disregarded in its entirety anyway!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->