UEFA Europa League Qualifying Rounds 2020-21

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
It’s shocking that Benfica haven’t scored yet. STL have barely had 30% of the ball and have exactly 0 shot attempts or chances created.

On another note, 20 year old Benfica LB Nuno Tavares will be one of the next high priced Portuguese exports into Europe’s top leagues soon enough.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Good to hear, anything less than controlling the game against Dundalk would obviously be ridiculous.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Thoughts on the match...

- Runnarsson didn't have to do much, but he looked actually quite good he was called into action. Really commanded his box and looked solid on set pieces.

- Pepe was very good today, but is it that impressive against Dundalk? We'll see if he'll be able to build upon that but I doubt he's going to start against United.

- Nelson and Willock were both extremely good today, made some unbelievable plays out there.

- I thought Tierney was pretty awful when he came on.

- AMN was pretty solid, but again Dundalk.

- Nketiah is an absolute rubbish player, did nothing out there except miss a potential hattrick because he couldn't capitalise on like the seven glorious chances he got. Atrocious.

- Forgot who mentioned about CBs injured, but Mari is supposed to come back next week.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Benfica at home vs Rangers score through an own goal in the 2nd minute, then within 5 minutes at the 20 minute mark, they have a man sent off, concede an own goal of their own and then go behind 2-1. Rangers scored twice in 60 seconds.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
What do you think it will take for the board to sack Lennon? I know it's hard because he's a beloved club legend but he's completely out of his depth and keeping him on the job is just digging the hole deeper.

AB13

Apr 29, 2019
Joe Willock is the only thing keeping me awake in this game with his great off ball movement and runs into the box. Otherwise, Artetas offense is a little too based on positional play, which makes us easy to read. Need more fluidity. The spirit of Wenger lives on through Willock at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad