UEFA Europa League Qualifying Rounds 2018/19

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
What’s the record for biggest comeback in these 2-game series?

That Zenit game was crazy.

Clearly, they should have never been in 0-4 hole to begin with.

I read it was the biggest comeback in the competition in 33 years.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
Apparently because of a quick turnaround after their previous round, Ufa might not get their visas in time to play the Rangers and might have to forfeit.

That would suck.

EDIT: apparently it has been, or expected to be, resolved.

Last edited:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Olomouc with three or four chances in the last ten minutes against Sevilla that were only a few centimetres from being goals.. So I expect Sevilla to score any time now

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Zenit with a horrible start but strong finish to win 3-1 at home.

Comfortable result, but doesn’t guarantee anything

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Dudelange beat Cluj 2-0 and are on the verge of becoming the first team from Luxembourg to qualify for a UEFA group stage. Really hope they pull it off.

Reactions: Pouchkine

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Genk easily beat Brondby and should have no problem finishing the job in Denmark next week.

Gent were the better team at home against Bordeaux but had to settle for a scoreless draw. Still every chance to go through against a team that clearly has a lot of issues right now.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Good call

Actually it took another ten near misses and actually Sevilla bringing on Silva and Navas before they managed it. But that one neat pass with a perfect finish was all they needed, which was no surprise. Feel bad for Olomouc but they can hold their heads high

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
I actually looked at their squad they have some "known" players like Bisevac (ex-PSG, Lyon, Lazio), Kruska (ex-Dortmund). Though I think their league is semi-professional which makes it more impressive (I know for a fact their domestic based NT players pretty much all work second jobs)

Looks like Scotland are in good shape to have two clubs in UEFA group competitions, probably its been 10-15 years since that's happened. Norway could have two teams as well, maybe even three with Molde having an outside shot with their away goal at Zenit

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
They have quite many rejects from bigger leagues, talented players that for a reason or another didn't make it and ended up in Luxembourg. Levan Kenia is a Georgia international that played Bundesliga with Schalke, Mario Pokar has youth caps with Germany like Kruska, Kakoko was trained by FC Bayern, and so on. It's an underdog story, but not that of part-timers exactly. Probably Toppmöller's contacts have helped in finding players like these from Germany.

MaxV

Nov 6, 2006
New York, NY
What’s with Portugal league?

It has been a steady decline. There is a legit chance of them falling below Ukraine and Belgium.

They’ve already lost 2 teams.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Ufa - Rangers game might turn out to be quite interesting

Rangers scored an away goal and it looked like a done deal, then Ufa equalized and Rangers are down to 10 men

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Rangers progress despite finishing the match with 9 men

Astana beat APOEL on penalty kicks which looked like something out of a U10 match, Astana won 2:1 on the penalty shooutout :D

If results hold RB Leipzig will be out, conceded an away goal to Zorya, now must win

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
I watched a little of the Astana/APOEL match but the play was soooo poor I just turned it off.

Pašalić has missed two golden chances for Atalanta who are still 0-0 with Copenhagen.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
RB Leipzig saved with a last minute penalty to progress, on the balance of play deserved but they were nearly knocked out

FCK-Atalanta heading to ET after two scoreless draws; Basel on their way out as they are currently losing in Cyprus, Dudelange all but through scoring twice in Romania, Tel-Aviv overturn a two goal deficit and if results hold they will progress on away goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad