UEFA euro 2024 qualification draw,

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
The draw will be sunday 9th of october in Frankfurt.
What's your team and preffered group and which teams do you want to avoid in each pot?

My team Norway.
I want to avoid netherlands, Spain, Portugal and Belgium in pot1. The rest is ok. Denmark would be nice with a nordic derby. Theyr'e good, but not that good.
In pot 2 I dont want to see England, Serbia or France.
In pot 4 I dont want Turkey or Georgia.
In pot 5 avoid Slovakia they're a decent team.

A nice group will be something like this
Denmark, Finland, Norway, Faroe Islands, Estonia and San Marino.

A tough group will be this.
Netherlands, England, Norway, Turkey, Slovakia

all_pots_20221007152020.jpeg

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
What's your team and preffered group and which teams do you want to avoid in each pot?

My team Norway.
I want to avoid netherlands, Spain, Portugal and Belgium in pot1. The rest is ok. Denmark would be nice with a nordic derby. Theyr'e good, but not that good.

You can't draw your first mentioned group as there are several restrictions.

UEFA EURO 2024 qualifying draw: When is it? Where to watch it? How does it work? Who is seeded?

"Five country pairs are declared as prohibited. Those pairings must not be drawn into the same group: Armenia/Azerbaijan, Belarus/Ukraine, Gibraltar/Spain, Kosovo/Bosnia and Herzegovina and Kosovo/Serbia;

A maximum of two winter venues may be drawn into the same group: Belarus, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania and Norway"

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008

My team Norway.

Here is hoping that one comes back to bite you in the ass.

The group you would like looks boring as hell.

Sweden I fear more than Norway, since they have a cunning ability to close down shop.

Norways style suits Denmark much better, plus we seldom meet, compared to how often we play Sweden.

I would love to be in a group with our
Fjord Cousins from the north tho, it has been a while since we played a competitive match against you.

Would hate to be in a group with Sweden or Finland - Would almost guarantee 4 very boring games against them.

While Norway seem to play it a little more forward.

Last edited:

Oberyn Martell

Dec 26, 2018
Group B and C looking pretty competitive. Could eliminate some really good teams from Euros 2024

member 305909

That doesn't happen often that finalists of a previous competition are in the same qualification group. Makes you kind of think the seedings are nonsensical.

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
Lol, Denmark gets probably the easiest group of the bunch. Easy, and boring.
Have to qualify, have to get 1st place, no excuses.

At least we finally get to meet San Marino - And hopefully get some payback for Euro 2020 against Finland.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Pretty happy with Croatias group, sucks to get Turkey from the lower seeds and they tend to give us problems but getting Wales and Armenia from the higher pots balances it out

In terms of seeing new faces, Norway and especially Serbia have good groups to return to the Euros for the first time since 2000. Israel has a decent chance to make their debut

Last edited:

Fjorden

Jan 17, 2021
Bergen, Norway
www.bergenishockey.no
Pretty happy with Croatias group, sucks to get Turkey from the lower seeds and they tend to give us problems but getting Wales and Armenia from the higher pots balances it out

In terms of seeing new faces, Norway and especially Serbia have good groups to return to the Euros for the first time since 2000. Israel has a decent chance to make their debut
A bit odd with Serbia they've qualified many times for the World Cup also knocking out Portugal this qualification. But not played in the euros since 2000. It's a lot tougher to qualify for wc than euros. (more spots for euro than wc).Serbia has a solid team with lots of quality, glad to avoid them from pot 2. Will be interesting to see them in WC.

Norway got Georgia from pot 4. They're up and coming.with the new superstar Kvaratskhelia.in Napoli. It'll likely be a tight race Scotland, Norway, Georgia for the 2nd spot in this group after Spain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad