Euro: UEFA Euro 2020 Qualifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
What a FACKING JOKE. Invade Scotland, like right f***ing now. Hornets in the air Sale.

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Surprised Spain at home has only been able to score twice vs Faroe Islands after 85 minutes

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Group D
Georgia - Denmark 0:0
Switzerland - Gibraltar 4:0

Ireland stay on top for now after Denmark fail to beat Georgia, Switzerland still with a game in hand three points back of Ireland and October will be make or break for them as their fixtures are Denmark (away) and Ireland (home)

Group F
Romania - Malta 1:0
Spain - Faroe Islands 4:0
Sweden - Norway 1:1

Spain remain perfect and could qualify by the next international window but they have two away matches in Norway and Sweden next month. Sweden/Romania/Norway all within two points of each other, each still play Spain once with Romania playing them away on the last MD. Romania do however play both Sweden and Norway at home still. Very open group for 2nd place

Group J
Armenia - Bosnia 4:2
Finland - Italy 1:2
Greece - Liechtenstein 1:1

Italy remain perfect winning in Tampere on a late penalty and they can qualify as early as the next MD; Finland still in good shape for 2nd place but they go to Bosnia next who will be desperate for a win and with a new manager. Armenia are third place, three points behind Finland but they still go to Finland and Italy so unlikely they keep this up. Liechtenstein's away point in Greece is their first competitive result away from home since 2014

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Gutted to see us lose because of that pen. TBH, the one given to Pukki was soft as well but still...

Oh well, didn't really change anything. We knew that every point would be huge bonus, we still stay in a good spot.

We can't f this up now, just can't. We even have the backdoor because of the Nations league. Just f***ing make it, please...

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
They're not. They're just woefully incompetent.

Are you talking about the Italy penalty? A call like that doesn't take woeful incompetence. Making the decision is a little bit different when you can't watch multiple replays from different angles like we do. I just wish we'd had VAR in this match. I disagree with the people who say they also would have cancelled the Pukki penalty. In North American terms it might have been "inconclusive", and that's not enough to overturn the call. The Italy penalty was clearly not a handball.

Last edited:

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Super encouraging from Italia so far this qualification cycle. Not the hardest group, but taking max points so far is crucial after our recent international history.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Italy should be far more dominant in such an easy group, the results have been good but not so much the performance.

Outofbodyinhungary

Aug 6, 2018
Bratislava, Slovakia
I’m just so disgusted by the performance of the Slovak national team. Ooooh I’m trying to keep it together but Im just too disgusted. Im gonna need the talking heads on Slovak TV to SHUT THE HELL UP FOR THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE. I’m done, I’m done. Than you have these people on national tv saying “oh you got to look out for the rise of Slovak national team.” Look out for what ???? What rise??? 31st in the world!!! Really????? I am so disgusted right now. Kucka, Mak and Valjent are bonafide scrubs, sorry to go and tell everyone the truth these three are absolute bums. And ur asking me why they shouldn’t be in the lineup. Somehow someway it’s worse now than it was when the Hungarians forced us to represent Hungary. Never in the history of Slovak soccer have I seen such terrible overall team chemistry and don’t bring up that trip to the middle f***ing east after promises were made about being competitive.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I’m just so disgusted by the performance of the Slovak national team. Ooooh I’m trying to keep it together but Im just too disgusted. Im gonna need the talking heads on Slovak TV to SHUT THE HELL UP FOR THE IMMEDIATE FUTURE. I’m done, I’m done. Than you have these people on national tv saying “oh you got to look out for the rise of Slovak national team.” Look out for what ???? What rise??? 31st in the world!!! Really????? I am so disgusted right now. Kucka, Mak and Valjent are bonafide scrubs, sorry to go and tell everyone the truth these three are absolute bums. And ur asking me why they shouldn’t be in the lineup. Somehow someway it’s worse now than it was when the Hungarians forced us to represent Hungary. Never in the history of Slovak soccer have I seen such terrible overall team chemistry and don’t bring up that trip to the middle ****ing east after promises were made about being competitive.

I bet you you'll change your mind if you beat Hungary tonight. :D

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Pretty hostile atmosphere as well, though I read the travelling Czech fans provoked the Kosovo fans before the match so that has something to do with it I guess

Just catching up on this. Apparently a group of Czech fans was attacked and the attackers even put up a video of it before taking it down. The day before the match eight Czech fans were arrested with a drone, a Serbian flag and a banner saying "Kosovo is Serbia", so yes, the whistling during the Czech anthem was indeed a result of provocation on the part of certain Czech fans. From the result one can surmise that they didn't really do the team any favours in terms of motivating the opponent.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm actually glad Germany lost because if they had gotten even a point the usual suspects would have defended the performance. This German team has gone from looking like a predictable "Possession Uber Alles" machine incapable of creating any dynamism to just a chaotic team without structure or ability to tie together the pieces available to a cohesive unit. This is going to be a long rebuild for Germany and it's unlikely Jogi is the man who can do it.

Surprised you were unhappy with that performance. We ceded possession & sat back to hit them on the counter, neglecting all creativity & flow; exactly like you've been telling us we should be playing for years :sarcasm:

At least you have the bolded correct, even if this has been obvious since Euro 2012. Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of his ego; since the cowards in our FA will never fire him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
National coaches are way too focused on the ones that has delivered for the national team in the past. The only way a new player could break into the starting eleven is if he plays on an extremely high level that you just can't deny his quality. We have the same problem in Sweden where our captain Andreas Granqvist are way over the hill but still starts for the national team because he's captain and was huge in the World Cup.

What a mistake by the Bulgarian keeper.

A big part of that is the limited time NT coaches get with their teams to teach & drill. So they over-value guys who are already integrated into the side & know what is expected of them by the manager; as well as how their team-mates play. NT coaches tending not to be the cream of the coaching-crop also plays into them making overly-cautious errors like that. As more innovative & courageous coaches almost universally work at the club level, where they can work with their players daily & they have more opportunities to test things out.

Last edited:

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
Surprised you were unhappy with that performance. We ceded possession & sat back to hit them on the counter, neglecting all creativity & flow; exactly like you've been telling us we should be playing for years :sarcasm:

At least you have the bolded correct, even if this has been obvious since Euro 2012. Unfortunately, we are at the mercy of his ego; since the cowards in our FA will never fire him.

I want us to play like a Klopp team firing on all cylinders rather than the impotent version of a Pep team we’ve been recently. That doesn’t mean giving up the ball haphazardly and lacking creativity or organization.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Croatia held in Baku after some awful defending leading up to the Azeri goal, Lovren being one of the bigger culprits of course. The reality is Croatia only played for the first 20 minutes where they should have scored three. Poor result, in the grand scheme looking at it rationally, two home wins will be enough but you never know with this team

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Babel is gonna get picked up by a team playing for a European trophy at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad