Euro: UEFA Euro 2020 Draw

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Croatia-Serbia and England-Scotland are anything but normal games, though yes Scotland is weak and England shouldn’t have problems but a Croatia-Serbia match anything goes despite Cro being better. Now for the next 3-4 months all the talk will be about a potentially fictional match with Serbia

Also England are again in a situation like at the World Cup where it’s better not to win their group :D
Scotland/England is nothing on what Croatia/Serbia would be

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
We got super lucky in the draw. If we would of been drawn to group A, we would of faced Italy,Turkey and Switzerland.
Probably would of gotten 1 lucky point, if that. In group B; Russia & Denmark shouldn't be that difficult opponents, now obviously
Belgium will defeat us easily in the group B final game but we will finish 2nd.

Belgium 9 points
Finland 6 points
Russia 3 points
Denmark 0 points

Belgium-Finland on the final matchday for top spot in the group :naughty:

QuietContrarian

May 28, 2008
We got super lucky in the draw. If we would of been drawn to group A, we would of faced Italy,Turkey and Switzerland.
Probably would of gotten 1 lucky point, if that. In group B; Russia & Denmark shouldn't be that difficult opponents, now obviously
Belgium will defeat us easily in the group B final game but we will finish 2nd.

Belgium 9 points
Finland 6 points
Russia 3 points
Denmark 0 points

First Euro ever - Already underestimating opponents :laugh:

Especially Denmark, who are not only a stronger team than Finland, and id say also Russia, but also have 3 home games.

Finland has 3 players in a very weak Danish league, (6 if you wanna count callups) Denmark doesn't even have any players who play domestically on the sr. mens team.

Also 2 from the Norwegian league (Also weak) and 2 from the Swedish League (Also weak)

Anything can happen in football, but 0pts for Denmark and 6 for Finland? - Come on man...
Denmark hasn't lost a game in 34 straight games, if you don't count a friendly against Slovakia, where the Danish players were on strike and the Danish team consisted of litteral amateurs.

And a penalty loss at the WC against Croatia.

Denmark won't make any noise at the EC, they are in the midst of generation change on many positions and are awaiting a new coach after the EC, aswell as a total restructure at the FA - But I do not think Finland will either, and are definitely the weakest link of the group on paper.

And like SEPH writes, Russia has a bad habbit of being bullshit at tournaments - Belgium are clear favourites tho.

Last edited:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Winners
Group A: Turkey & Italy
Turkey has their gold generation and Italy isn't a top nation any more, would not be surprised if they don't make it especially with Wales.

Group B: Belgium & Denmark
Pretty weak group, but Finland isn't going anywhere and we all know that Russia is failure at every level on the international spectrum.

Group C: Netherlands & Ukraine
Not a very interesting group, fairly straight forward.

Group D: England & Croatia
Hard to see Croatia replicate their success from the last World Cup, while England has been fairly decent in the qualifying portion. If Serbia gets through they can be a problem nation, but Croatia has enough talent to finish second.

Group E: Spain & Sweden
Very tough group and if Northern Ireland or Bosnia make it, it will be that much tougher. I have no faith in Poland, they were a disaster in the World Cup and Lewandowski sucks on the international stage. Poland should finish second, they have enough talent, but Sweden has better structure and better teamwork that they should make it through.

Group F: France & Portugal
Insane group, especially when Iceland should be favourites to win the playoff round. Hard to bet against those two nations (FRA/POR) though, France just won the World Cup and should be feared. Portugal is playing as good as anyone is and I think Germany is going through a generation change which happened to Italy. I also don't buy Germany's strikers at the moment and I think the DFB is as old-skool gang as you can think of considering what happened with the immigrant players the past year or so. I sense a lot of divide in their ranks, especially at the top.

Last edited:
Reactions: YNWA14

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
The reaction of the managers. Lol.

5B17183C-FEE5-4BC3-9E6B-48B49DB58E26.jpeg

Reactions: QuietContrarian

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Group F is awesome. Can’t wait for the Euro. Hoping Memphis, van Dijk and Wijnaldum stay healthy.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The winner of Group C probably has the most open path to the semifinals, they don’t face a group winner until the semis (however the quarterfinal match is in Baku)

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Germany probably has been the shakiest of the 3 teams in group F recently, but they’ll be at home at Allianz for all 3 group matches.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Tough group for Germany. But Germany is a nemesis for Portugal. For me 1st and 2nd Place Germany or France.
Finland has a brutal Group. Mayba 1 Point is possible. ;)

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Winners
Turkey has their gold generation and Italy isn't a top nation any more, would not be surprised if they don't make it especially with Wales.

Pretty weak group, but Finland isn't going anywhere and we all know that Russia is failure at every level on the international spectrum.

Hard to see Croatia replicate their success from the last World Cup, while England has been fairly decent in the qualifying portion. If Serbia gets through they can be a problem nation, but Croatia has enough talent to finish second.

Very tough group and if Northern Ireland or Bosnia make it, it will be that much tougher. I have no faith in Poland, they were a disaster in the World Cup and Lewandowski sucks on the international stage. Poland should finish second, they have enough talent, but Sweden has better structure and better teamwork that they should make it through.

Insane group, especially when Iceland should be favourites to win the playoff round. Hard to bet against those two nations (FRA/POR) though, France just won the World Cup and should be feared. Portugal is playing as good as anyone is and I think Germany is going through a generation change which happened to Italy. I also don't buy Germany's strikers at the moment and I think the DFB is as old-skool gang as you can think of considering what happened with the immigrant players the past year or so. I sense a lot of divide in their ranks, especially at the top.
Havertz, Brandt, Gnabry, Klostermann, Goretzka etc. are not old school. Germany is a tournament team.

Bon Esprit

Jan 24, 2004
Winners

What happened with the "immigrant" players last year in Germany? You mean Özil and his alliance with Mr. Erdogan? It was a shameful performance by this guy. Gündogan btw. is still with the NT and is well respected. So are Hector, Sane and all the other guys.

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
We got 7 tickets for 2 matches in the lottery in the summer. The second one will be France vs. Portugal. Could have been worse.

Reactions: YNWA14

Lepardi

Jan 1, 2008
Finland
Portugal has their best team since Euro 2004 and that's the group they get:(

We could get Romania/Hungary playing at home too.

Portugal can't face Romania in the group stage. If Romania qualifies, they'll be in group C with Netherlands, Ukraine and Austria.

Pouchkine

May 20, 2015
16/24 advances so Portugal-France-Germany should all advance that's why 24 teams tournaments are terrible. 16 was perfect, they should go to 32 it would not be worst than 24.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->