UEFA EURO 2016 - Final Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyetest is useless

Oct 25, 2014
The markets are usually a decent predictor...

SXYRpsL.png

You could make some dough laying them :P

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
why is italy ALWAYS in the toughest group??? like clockwork

Think about it. It's a tough group because they're in it. I am not worried for Italy, they'll pull through. I don't see them blowing it like the 2010 World Cup group stage (Paraguy and Slovakia went through, Italy eliminated).

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth
Think about it. It's a tough group because they're in it. I am not worried for Italy, they'll pull through. I don't see them blowing it like the 2010 World Cup group stage (Paraguy and Slovakia went through, Italy eliminated).
They may pull through groups but that's a stretch, they're not as good as people think they are.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
They may pull through groups but that's a stretch, they're not as good as people think they are.

I think if Conte relies on the young guys Italy may do well.

I would like them to play 4-3-3 with Insigne-Pelle-Berardi up front (I doubt he'd do that though, he'll probably have Candreva there). In midfield he has a bunch of young guys he can rely on, but Verratti for creativity and De Rossi for experience should be the 2 main pieces. Other options include Bertolacci, Marchisio, Sturaro, Florenzi. On defense, Darmian, Bonucci, Chiellini should be solid. Left Back is a question mark though. I just hope he doesn't play with 3 guys on defense.

Other young guys I'm hoping he calls up as well: Perin, De Sciglio (he's been bad for a couple of years now), Zaza, Gabbiadini, Immobile, Vazquez, Baselli, maybe Sansone and Shaarawi but the latter seems to be busting.

I just hope he drops the old guys who won't bring much to the team, as much as I like Pirlo but he has no business being in the squadra azzura anymore, same with Montolivo, Barzagli.

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth

I would like them to play 4-3-3 with Insigne-Pelle-Berardi up front (I doubt he'd do that though, he'll probably have Candreva there). In midfield he has a bunch of young guys he can rely on, but Verratti for creativity and De Rossi for experience should be the 2 main pieces. Other options include Bertolacci, Marchisio, Sturaro, Florenzi. On defense, Darmian, Bonucci, Chiellini should be solid. Left Back is a question mark though. I just hope he doesn't play with 3 guys on defense.

Other young guys I'm hoping he calls up as well: Perin, De Sciglio (he's been bad for a couple of years now), Zaza, Gabbiadini, Immobile, Vazquez, Baselli, maybe Sansone and Shaarawi but the latter seems to be busting.

I just hope he drops the old guys who won't bring much to the team, as much as I like Pirlo but he has no business being in the squadra azzura anymore, same with Montolivo, Barzagli.
4-3-3 should be decent. I would field Insigne/Sharaawy, Pelle, Florenzi; Verratti, De Rossi, Marchisio; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Bonucci, Darmian; Perin/Sirigu.

But Candreva is going to be put in for sure as is Parolo, Buffon.

Tylers Dad

Registered Dad
Sep 12, 2013
Azeroth
Either way if Conte relies on the younger guys they still won't win much, but I say field them now for the Euro and play them together and let them come back for World Cup in 2018 a bit older and with the Euro experience under their belts.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Joachim Low has already named his Euro provisional squad, seems as only these 31 players will be considered and nobody who catches hot form in the second half of the season, unless I read wrong

Goalkeepers: Bernd Leno, Manuel Neuer, Marc-Andre ter Stegen, Kevin Trapp, Ron-Rober Zieler

Defenders: Jerome Boateng, Emre Can, Erik Durm, Matthias Ginter, Jonas Hector, Benedikt Howedes, Mats Hummels, Shkodran Mustafi, Antonio Rudiger, Sebastian Rudy

Midfielders: Karim Bellarabi, Julian Draxler, Ilkay Gundogan, Sami Khedira, Christoph Kramer, Toni Kroos, Thomas Muller, Mesut Ozil, Lukas Podolski, Marco Reus, Andre Schurrle, Bastian Schweinsteiger

Forwards: Mario Gomez, Mario Gotze, Max Kruse, Kevin Volland

Bures Elbow

Nov 2, 2013
I'm really excited about Portugals young midfield

Andre Gomes and Joao Mario have both been exceptional this season, and Bernardo Silva seems to have recovered from starting the season injured and missing out on pre-season with his last few performances more similar to the highs of last year.

Add in William Carvalho, Moutinho, and Tiago, and its really solid.

Coentrao has been superb as well, getting over the injuries and split 50/50 starts at Real Madrid. Rapheal Gurreiro as his sub is thrilling, another really talented young player.

Cedric has been very good at Southampton at RB, and coupled with Vieirinha from Wolfsburg we have a solid RB tandem.

Pepe/Fonte/Carvalho(who when used sparingly and when well rested is still very good) znd the young paulo oliveira from Sporting make a good CB core.

The problem is upfront as per usual. Ronaldo is reaping the consequences of not rehabilitating that left knee properly in the world cup year..a shadow of his former self so far this season

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
4-3-3 should be decent. I would field Insigne/Sharaawy, Pelle, Florenzi; Verratti, De Rossi, Marchisio; De Sciglio, Chiellini, Bonucci, Darmian; Perin/Sirigu.

But Candreva is going to be put in for sure as is Parolo, Buffon.

Motta should be a lock. He is fantastic in PSG and have great chemistry with Veratti.

SenorDingDong

Apr 1, 2006
Toronto

Giovinco is a must for this Italy squad.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I would be terrified to play against a midfield of Motta, Verratti, and De Rossi... No amount of shin pads would be protection enough

De Rossi is not so good anymore.

Buffon
Barzagli - Bonucci - Chiellini - Darmian
Soriano - Veratti - Motta
Insigne - Eder - Giovinco

Moncherry

Feb 5, 2010
If that's an accurate depiction of what Italy's line-up will look like this summer, then that is painfully average by their standards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad