Status
Not open for further replies.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
This is some kinda ********, other countries have people that can watch this game in good quality free streams in HD whereas in Canada, you have to be a TSN subscriber for the stream to work. They don't even let you watch the friggin highlights without having the subscription (on top of that, have to disable adblocker).

Screw it, illegitimate streams it is for me. Also, lol at the English overreaction, it was just one game and they played well even with Raheem Sterling mucking up every time he got the ball. Rooney was very impressive in midfield though they didn't have to defend much. Get Sterling out of there and probably wanna put Vardy in for Kane who missed chances.

NHL Dude 120

Jun 18, 2011
Ottawa
We need at least 6 goals to get back to 2.5 goals a game. It's Ironic that UEFA expanded to 24 teams andyet we have less goals.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Goals is hardly the defining quality of good, exciting football.

I thought the first four matches were all really good, the games today have been a step down though.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Some weaknesses identified in Germany I think. They need to make some changes to the line-up....get Kroos playing higher up instead of so deep in midfield and put Schweinsteiger where Kroos was. I'd take Gotze out and I wouldn't mind seeing how Gomez looks in place as a true target striker. It was comical seeing some of their crosses into the box targeting Gotze. Something needs to be done about RB as well, Howedes had no real support and maybe Schweinsteiger would help there or just putting Boateng to RB and putting Hummels in the middle.

Loew's pretty rigid so he won't make the changes till they lose or something but the team didn't have the same chemistry with the ball and they were pretty disorganized when Ukraine did attack.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Some weaknesses identified in Germany I think. They need to make some changes to the line-up....get Kroos playing higher up instead of so deep in midfield and put Schweinsteiger where Kroos was. I'd take Gotze out and I wouldn't mind seeing how Gomez looks in place as a true target striker. It was comical seeing some of their crosses into the box targeting Gotze. Something needs to be done about RB as well, Howedes had no real support and maybe Schweinsteiger would help there or just putting Boateng to RB and putting Hummels in the middle.

Loew's pretty rigid so he won't make the changes till they lose or something but the team didn't have the same chemistry with the ball and they were pretty disorganized when Ukraine did attack.

I would make some changes myself. Getting Kroos closer to goal isn't a bad idea at all, but I also thought he marshalled the midfield well. If they had a proper DM they could simply go with a traditional 4-3-3 and have Kroos partner Ozil.

To be fair to Gotze he's being played out of position and he obviously isn't a target man, but even on the ball he didn't impress me much in this one. Gomez came to mind for me as well, but I haven't seen him play in years. Either way I can't see Goetze working too well and even Muller would have been a notably better option.

Well they could move Mustafi to RB as well when Hummels returns, but he had an excellent match and I'm not sure he offers much more going forward.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I'd actually leave Kroos where he is. He can do everything he can do from there and it emphasises one of his strengths. He can get the ball deep quickly and shoot from the second row.
Götze playing as the lone striker looked odd . And we need to come more from the right side. The game becomes more predictable when everything goes center or left.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Mustafi out right and Hummels as CB will be a world of good in and of itself.

Goetze out for Gomez, have him come on as a sub for Ozil or Mueller.

Schweini can feature, maybe, but he's deliriously out of shape so I dunno where he'd fit in - the only unmovables as I see them are Neuer, Hector, Boateng, Mustafi, Kroos, Ozil and Mueller. Leaving the spots of Howedes, Khedira, Draxler and Goetze up for some tinkering.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011

I disagree. Kroos is great and more effective playing deeper. He had a pretty good match. Whether they play in a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3, he'll have a similar role. If Schweinsteiger were still in his form of 2 years ago I'd partner him with Kroos but I don't think he's sharp enough anymore to play the whole match.

Buildup play today was actually excellent. Things didn't quite click in the final third though. I would be fine having Götze as a striker, but it won't always work the way the team was set up today.

Keep Boateng as a CB and move Mustafi to RB if anything. Preferably go to a 3 man backline with Hummels on the left, Boateng in the middle, and Mustafi on the right.

Schweini can feature, maybe, but he's deliriously out of shape so I dunno where he'd fit in - the only unmovables as I see them are Neuer, Hector, Boateng, Mustafi, Kroos, Ozil and Mueller. Leaving the spots of Howedes, Khedira, Draxler and Goetze up for some tinkering.

No way is Hector unmovable, even if Höwedes were the only alternative as a LB. Mustafi isn't either.

Cochese

Mar 14, 2008
When you're having a great time, then diarrhea strikes....

d6nkMJG.gif

Hasek

Jan 2, 2013
Seems my post didn't appear.

Those innocent polish fans are clearly victims.
:facepalm:

Get your facts straight indeed :laugh:

Thanks for making my point and posting a vid of locals attacking NI/PL fans. If EN and RU get punished, the FR should be punished also. Here's hoping for an FR-PL or FR-EN or FR-RU match so that the FR hooligans get what they deserve.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada

Muller should be playing striker, not RM. Gotze is NOT a natural ST and it was very obvious.

Muller
Gotze - Ozil - Schweini
Khedira - Kroos
Hector - Hummels - Boateng - Mustafi
Neuer​

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Srna's father has passed away. Darijo has left the camp and returned to Croatia.

That's sad to hear.
Fantastic free-kick attempt by Srna, just struck the bar. One of the few highlights of that horribly boring smash-fest.
Modric volley was beautiful, even though I thought Volkan could have done better.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
That's sad to hear.
Fantastic free-kick attempt by Srna, just struck the bar. One of the few highlights of that horribly boring smash-fest.
Modric volley was beautiful, even though I thought Volkan could have done better.

His dad had a tough life and was sick for a while now.

The match was boring because the Turks were completely outclassed on every level, and because the ref was beyond horrible. We toyed with them from the get-go, if Srna, Brozović and PeriÅ¡ić had more composure the match would've ended 5-0.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Jogi may be utterly incompetent, but thank goodness he hasn't done any of this. How we should play:

Brandt/Kruse - Muller
Ozil
Dahoud - Toni/Sami
Toni/Weigl
Schmelzer/Arnold - Mats - Boa - Weiser/Kimmich

or

Brandt - Draxler/Kruse - Muller
Ozil
Dahoud - Kroos
Weigl/Kimmich
Tah - Mats - Boa

The best we can hope for from Jogi, given that he's already screwed up in the team selection:

Draxler - Muller - Sane/Gotze
Ozil - Toni/Sami
Toni/Weigl
Hector - Mats - Boa - Kimmich​

Muller should be playing striker, not RM. Gotze is NOT a natural ST and it was very obvious.

Muller
Gotze - Ozil - Schweini
Khedira - Kroos
Hector - Hummels - Boateng - Mustafi
Neuer​

...curious wingers you've picked there...

Around 30 german hooligans have attacked Ukranian fans in Lille this afternoon.

I think I'm supposed to post something about how those strapping young german lads were innocent victims reacting to provocation...

...f***ing idiots :facepalm: This is why we can't have nice things. After all the positivity in recent weeks as everyone's rallied behind "bad neighbor" Boateng, some dips***s have to taint it all just because they saw all of these other hools getting in on the action & so they couldn't help but express their own disgusting natures...le sigh

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Jogi may be utterly incompetent, but thank goodness he hasn't done any of this. How we should play:

Brandt/Kruse - Muller
Ozil
Dahoud - Toni/Sami
Toni/Weigl
Schmelzer/Arnold - Mats - Boa - Weiser/Kimmich

or

Draxler/Kruse - Muller - Brandt
Ozil
Dahoud - Kroos
Weigl/Kimmich
Tah - Mats - Boa

The best we can hope for from Jogi, given that he's already screwed up in the team selection:

Draxler - Muller - Sane/Gotze
Ozil - Toni/Sami
Toni/Weigl
Hector - Mats - Boa - Kimmich​

...curious wingers you've picked there...

I think I'm supposed to post something about how those strapping young german lads were innocent victims reacting to provocation...

...f***ing idiots :facepalm: This is why we can't have nice things. After all the positivity in recent weeks as everyone's rallied behind "bad neighbor" Boateng, some dips***s have to taint it all just because they saw all of these other hools getting in on the action & so they couldn't help but express their own disgusting natures...le sigh

He's not utterly incompetent. Remember Ribbeck? That was incompetent. Granted, he had really bad players to pick from.

Agreed on the hools, eff those swine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad