GWT: UEFA Champions League Round of 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Don't let the fact that the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead distract you from PSG blowing a 4-0 lead

This was much worse. You're taking about entire games in that basketball scenario. Much easier.

Barca scored 3 goals in 5 minutes, starting in the 86th minute, to come back and win. Unreal. I hate them and I can still admit it.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I'm in Spain right now, have missed the game but can only laugh at Emery and Paris.
Fitting end to a season where they might finish without a trophy.
Cue the transfer requests next summer.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Verratti to Chelsea E5

Suarez was always going to dive on that call, but Marquinhos is also stupid.

He's not even looking at the ball and sticks his arm out.

https://u.nya.is/zuityl.mp4

Watch that replay and stop at 12 seconds like it's just awful defending

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
I love how Suarez grabs his throat like he just got Road House'd :laugh:

Still, supremely stupid by Marquinhos.

There was nothing wrong with the other penalty, though. That one was just bad luck.

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Neymar clutch.

Amazing freekick goal, scored the penalty and then made the assist with a beautiful cross.

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
My mind still can't comprehend what just happened :laugh:

This is Iniesta 2009 stuff right there

Also, LOVE that a La Masia kid scored the GWG :handclap:

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Ok I know we're all hockey fans who HATE diving and refuse to acknowledge anything if there's even a hint of embeishment but...

I have a confession... I spent the last decade hating Barcelona and not enjoying the greatest player of all time on (arguably) the best teams of all time. I tune in tonight and all I see is magic. The way Barcelona play, see the ball, move the ball, even make runs - it's on a higher level.

The ref wasn't great, but I think justice prevailed overall. PSG didn't play defense well, they didn't play offense well, they did nothing right. Justice prevailed like it did when Chelsea, through all odds, managed to beat Barcelona that time in 2012. This time Barcelona got some of that meme magic and did it. Tremendous.

What a beautiful sport. Unbelievable. All credit to Barcelona. Yes, that Suarez call is borderline AT BEST. Yes, we didn't even see replays of di Maria's penalty shout. But Sergio's goal? Neymar's curler? The penalty itself? Gorgeous. Even regular passes in the last fifteen minutes were gorgeous. Barcelona is just a magical club. I hope Bayern face them (and crush them) but folks should really open up and see how beautiful they play.

Those fans who were crying in the stands... someday I wish to experience that joy for my hockey team.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Wow.

Barca needed 3 goals with about 25 minutes left when I had to get on a conference call. I didn't even bother looking at my phone because I assume it was in the bag.

How the heck do you do that?

Sure, Suarez is an idiot who should have been sent off for two dives, but you gave up six freaking goals, including two in stoppage time. How is that even possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad