UEFA Champions League R16 Draw

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That should do it... Emery career as PSG's manager is over.

Pretty much :D
You'd say : hey good for you, you had to beat Ludogorets and that's it.
But Arsenal got Bayern, so... :D

Emery will lose the league and lose in the first knockout stage of the CL. :popcorn:
El-Khelaifi is so toasted as well.

Monaco has a tough tough draw as well, as City will only get better.
If Monaco can keep on playing like they are, then they'll win. If not (and frankly that's highly possible), then they'll get booted out as well.

And in EL, St Etienne got United :facepalm:

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
(Arsenal, Juve, Napoli, Dortmund, and Atletico Madrid)

hipsteeeeeeer

You'd say : hey good for you, you had to beat Ludogorets and that's it.
But Arsenal got Bayern, so...

Good point, not allowing for butterfly effect, PSG wins that game and Arsenal gets Barca again

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I can't decide if Evilo will be happy or sad when PSG knocks Barca out.

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
That would be a typical outcome

Actually typical Arsenal is the reverse I think...they get hammered 3:0 in Munich, take a 2:0 lead at home and knock on the door to take it to ET but miss out :laugh: Then the pundits rave about Arsenal's spirit and character before another choke in the league

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Actually typical Arsenal is the reverse I think...they get hammered 3:0 in Munich, take a 2:0 lead at home and knock on the door to take it to ET but miss out :laugh: Then the pundits rave about Arsenal's spirit and character before another choke in the league

No, usually Arsenal gets trashed at home in the first leg and goes to Germany and gets a narrow victory. Still lose on aggregate. THEN the pundits rave about Arsenal's spirit and character before another choke in the league :laugh:

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Not scared, Alexis is the best player on either team and will continue his form to a victory. The games will be very close though, perhaps Arsenal wins in extra time before penalties.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Not scared, Alexis is the best player on either team and will continue his form to a victory. The games will be very close though, perhaps Arsenal wins in extra time before penalties.

He may be in the best form, but he isnt the best player on either team.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Happy to get Benfica. I think the only team thats worse that we could've drawn might've been Porto.

I think Arsenal could beat Bayern. Bayern is worse this season. Bad draw for Barcelona. They get a pretty good team while finishing first. Good draw for Real. Leicester could one of the easiest draws they could, they could stay in another round. I think Monaco will upset City, unless City brings in a whole new defense.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Neuer, Boateng, Alaba, Lewandowski, Mueller, Robben (when fit), Vidal, and of course, Kimmich, have some words for you...

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

I must've forgot when Ozil left the team.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008

Is Alexis even the best Chilean player on either team?

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Mmh, the "but we have one good player in an 11-man team game" argument, love it!

I don't know if Monaco can keep all the guys at the window, I honestly doubt it, but if so I'd take them to beat City. Monaco is such a young team they always have room for improvement. I don't prefer the "run of form" argument I hear in football a lot. Monaco aren't on a good "run of form", they've consistently improved since the beginning of the season because most the team is U23 or new transfers and will only get better in the aggregate. Now, being in Ligue 1, the number of goals they score game to game may cap out and vary game to game because you can only reasonably score so many goals at such a level, but they're going to be improving in the backdrop and in the big picture. City comes across to me as a lot of have-beens. The may improve their "run of form" but they can't improve in the aggregate like Monaco have the potential to because a lot of their players are on the wrong side of the hill.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Olivier Giroud is probably thrilled. He shreds Bayern Munich.

It should be a good game. Arsenal will need Bellerin-Kosc-Mustafi-Monreal playing and healthy. I've never been a fan of Munich's defense and feel like Arsenal will put a few up in the 2 legs. They'll get plenty of chances anyway.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Olivier Giroud is probably thrilled. He shreds Bayern Munich.

It should be a good game. Arsenal will need Bellerin-Kosc-Mustafi-Monreal playing and healthy. I've never been a fan of Munich's defense and feel like Arsenal will put a few up in the 2 legs. They'll get plenty of chances anyway.

He can score a beautiful goal to make it 1-5 again :sarcasm:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
If Robben plays then Arsenal are out of luck. Lots of time for him to get injured between now and then though.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Mmh, the "but we have one good player in an 11-man team game" argument, love it!

I don't know if Monaco can keep all the guys at the window, I honestly doubt it, but if so I'd take them to beat City. Monaco is such a young team they always have room for improvement. I don't prefer the "run of form" argument I hear in football a lot. Monaco aren't on a good "run of form", they've consistently improved since the beginning of the season because most the team is U23 or new transfers and will only get better in the aggregate. Now, being in Ligue 1, the number of goals they score game to game may cap out and vary game to game because you can only reasonably score so many goals at such a level, but they're going to be improving in the backdrop and in the big picture. City comes across to me as a lot of have-beens. The may improve their "run of form" but they can't improve in the aggregate like Monaco have the potential to because a lot of their players are on the wrong side of the hill.

Worth pointing out that one of the main downsides of youth is inconsistency but I have the feeling they'll be a couple of fun matches

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->