UEFA Champions League Matchday 6

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Monaco play in the 5th best league in Europe. Why is anybody even talking about them?

They beat down Tottenham twice.
Just like PSG was better than Arsenal.

In fact, the top french teams dominated the top EPL teams this season :D

:popcorn:

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Get your facts straight please.
Monaco is toying with defenses all season long. 49 (FORTY NINE) goals in 16 games. 9 goals in 6 CL games. Beat Tottenham twice on the way.

As of now, Monaco is THE hottest offensive team in Europe. It might be a different tune in february, but not as of now.

Monaco play in Ligue 1. Again, their attack comes with an asterisk. We have relegation teams in England buying top talent from Ligue 1.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
And Ligue 1 is a tough league to score in.

And again, look at the EPL/L1 matchups this year.
2 clear wins for L1, two lucky draws for EPL teams, not a SINGLE EPL win.

But yeah, relegation EPL teams indeed buy talent in L1. Like Jordan Ayew, that a DUMBASS EPL relegation team managed to buy for 15M€, with a french team laughing while taking the money to the bank.
EPL teams are ridiculously badly managed, and are spending ridiculous money on average players.

But hey, your top CB was coming from the VERY SAME TEAM, Lorient :laugh:

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Balotelli, before this year, had 2 goals in 36 games in England/Italy.

He has 6 in 6 games in Ligue 1 this year.

The talent that comes out of France is unreal. But the league isn't that strong.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Balotelli, before this year, had 2 goals in 36 games in England/Italy.

He has 6 in 6 games in Ligue 1 this year.

The talent that comes out of France is unreal. But the league isn't that strong.

Yes, and he tore up the Serie A before that.
Using Balotelli as a barometer is quite an awesome argument given his consistency :laugh:

Wanna use the Kantés of the world? Another guy bought by an EPL relegation team from a L1 relegation team.
Look at that, he was arguably the best player in the EPL last year and was a decent player on a poor team here.
Of course he was beat up for the EPL MVP by Payet and Mahrez. Two guys that were good but not great or couldn't even cut it in France.

So yeah, anything else to say?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Real shame that Real Madrid couldn't hang on. Would much rather face Borussia Dortmund than them.

BVB continue to be ridiculously overrated. Bundesliga hype on here is out of control.

If anything, we are underrated. We just got back our co-best player who's been out all season, and when on form, he's a top 10 player in the world. He's on form right now, which he wasn't last season. We've maybe had 1 or 2 regulars who've been fit enough to suit up for every match. Everyone else has has missed time for one reason or another.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
They beat down Tottenham twice.
Just like PSG was better than Arsenal.

In fact, the top french teams dominated the top EPL teams this season :D

:popcorn:
Just like how an "so-called" inferior squad tied PSG at both stadiums and then won the group, because the superior squad couldn't beat a freakin' Bulgarian club in Parc.

This wasn't a miracle Evilo as you claim, facts are facts and Arsenal is the best EPL club this year. A club which the most talented (not hottest) French club could not beat. I like Ligue 1, I really do, but it is a very top heavy league. A lot of great players and a lot of terrible players play in it, resulting in mismatched talent levels at times as Edonator concluded with Balotelli. Even with Wenger at the helm, if Arsenal would draw with Monaco sometime in the CL playoffs, it should be considered a CL Final match up.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Just like how an "so-called" inferior squad tied PSG at both stadiums and then won the group, because the superior squad couldn't beat a freakin' Bulgarian club in Parc.

This wasn't a miracle Evilo as you claim, facts are facts and Arsenal is the best EPL club this year. A club which the most talented (not hottest) French club could not beat. I like Ligue 1, I really do, but it is a very top heavy league. A lot of great players and a lot of terrible players play in it, resulting in mismatched talent levels at times as Edonator concluded with Balotelli. Even with Wenger at the helm, if Arsenal would draw with Monaco sometime in the CL playoffs, it should be considered a CL Final match up.

I wonder if Evilo thinks Monaco were better than Arsenal last year then too. Because Arsenal clearly outplayed them.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Wow, deeeeeeep ****. :popcorn:

If you like L1, you should at least watch it. L1 is one of the toughest league to score in. Monaco are just crazy good offensively.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I wonder if Evilo thinks Monaco were better than Arsenal last year then too. Because Arsenal clearly outplayed them.

Yeah it was 2 years ago, and Monaco was NOWHERE near as good. Yet still clearly outplayed Arsenal in the first game (and were outplayed in the second).
Monaco also outplayed Juventus in the QF that year.

Monaco this year has nothing to do with Monaco from two years ago (which relied on tough defense and hoped for counters).

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
No guys. Five games against the same teams isn't enough of a representative sample. PSG is better just because.

PSG has a better roster than Arsenal and outplayed them in both of their games.
That's pretty much a given.
However, PSG is clearly NOT a good team right now. So if someone here says Arsenal is the top club in the EPL, then lol.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Monaco's much better than Arsenal right now anyway.
Monaco's much better than most teams right now.

Ok ok, let's not get carried away.
Monaco has played fantastic this season but much better is a stretch. I think they can give a headache to any team that plays against them, possibly beat them too.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Here is L'Equipe's best XI from the first phase of the CL (based on the average of L'Equipe's marks) :
Schmeichel (6.5)
Sidibé (6.6)
Glik (6.6)
Bonucci (6.4)
Alaba (6)
Gundogan (6.3)
Iniesta (6.25)
KDB (6.5)
Messi (7.8) !!!!!
Bernardo Silva (7)
Aguero (6.5)

Interesting to see Messi so much above anyone and 3 Monaco players, all from my fantasy team :D

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Here is L'Equipe's best XI from the first phase of the CL (based on the average of L'Equipe's marks) :
Schmeichel (6.5)
Sidibé (6.6)
Glik (6.6)
Bonucci (6.4)
Alaba (6)
Gundogan (6.3)
Iniesta (6.25)
KDB (6.5)
Messi (7.8) !!!!!
Bernardo Silva (7)
Aguero (6.5)

Interesting to see Messi so much above anyone and 3 Monaco players, all from my fantasy team :D

Also Ilkay "not a top 10 CM" Gündogan :D

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Just wait until Union are promoted and you have to root against Gladbach. ;)

lol like that'll ever happen...and if it did I wouldn't have a problem rooting against BMG, just like I didn't have a problem rooting against you in the pokal.

Also Ilkay "not a top 10 CM" Gündogan :D

It's crazy how much better he's gotten in the last couple of months :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad