Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Probabilities of each matchup

CzGpoHgXUAk5tWm.jpg

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street
And I thought we were friends. That's the match up I don't want. I am a Madrista first, but god that tie would be tough for me.

Gimme the scrimmage against Leicester.

You are a RM and Arsenal fan?
Do you like Arsenal because of Ozil?

See, that's the problem when u have 2 teams lol, even if they are in 2 separate leagues they can still meet in the CL

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
What are these percentages based on? The 0% ones are obvious, but the rest? :help:

It happens precisely because of the 0% ones. For example, since City and Dortmund both have only five possible opponents (the other team in their group and two other domestic teams are excluded), they are more likely to end up drawing each other than Dortmund and Porto (which has seven possible opponents). Same with Dortmund and Sevilla. The number of ways the draw can play out is unequally limited by the restriction on opponents. You can easily find the number of scenarios in which two teams draw each other and calculate the percentage.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Pretty much no chance was how it happenned.
Arsenal miraculously tied both games against PSG, and PSG miraculously tied their game against Ludogorets after hitting the bar twice (because as bad as they were, they still dominated the game).

But hey, that's what the mightiest club is all about, huh?
Hey at least you're acknowledging what's already inevitable. ;)

How did Leicester win the EPL last year? I'm genuinely asking if there are theories as to how/why it happened. Was it just all of their players peaked at the same time? A terrible year for all of the major clubs? A combination? They're just embarrassing themselves vs Porto
LC won because of all the other EPL teams were playing like complete **** that whole year. Though with that said, LC has actually looked quite good in the CL, you should see them in the EPL, my God they have been awful.

Dortmund's possible opponents:
PSG
Sevilla
Porto
Man City
Benfica

Aka the tactical foxes+Portguese team draws. All beatable teams though.
And everyone of those teams see's BVB as one of the more beatable ones as well. #Shoeontheotherfootbrah

Who doesn't want to draw Leicester?
Barca, they can't even beat a babcha with a broomstick currently.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
We're not talking about arsenal brah; Citeh's the only one of those teams that should feel good about their chances against BVB. All of the others would be clear underdogs.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
We're not talking about arsenal brah; Citeh's the only one of those teams that should feel good about their chances against BVB. All of the others would be clear underdogs.

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would look at the possible 1st place teams from their group and want Dortmund. Thats not to say Dortmund is the one team you don't want to draw, but Leicester, Napoli and Monaco are clearly worse. Probably somewhere around the same level as Atletico, Juventus and Arsenal, so its really 3 spots for the four for the top half, and 1 spot of the four for the bottom half. I don't know why Dortmund would be the team that any of those teams want to draw.

And we might actually be a team that one of the eight second place teams doesn't want to draw out of all the possible draws. Sevilla probably doesn't want to draw us. Either us or Arsenal.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Not if you're team will never play in the CL!

Just wait until Union are promoted and you have to root against Gladbach. ;)

And everyone of those teams see's BVB as one of the more beatable ones as well. #Shoeontheotherfootbrah

Okay...

If any of those teams really had fans here, I wouldn't care if they said they want Dortmund. They're free to post from their perspective, and I'll post from a Dortmund fan's perspective. :dunno:

Yeah, I don't know why anyone would look at the possible 1st place teams from their group and want Dortmund. Thats not to say Dortmund is the one team you don't want to draw, but Leicester, Napoli and Monaco are clearly worse. Probably somewhere around the same level as Atletico, Juventus and Arsenal, so its really 3 spots for the four for the top half, and 1 spot of the four for the bottom half. I don't know why Dortmund would be the team that any of those teams want to draw.

And we might actually be a team that one of the eight second place teams doesn't want to draw out of all the possible draws. Sevilla probably doesn't want to draw us. Either us or Arsenal.

Well this guy also thinks Dortmund is basically Germany's version of Southampton. He either likes to troll or he has some idiosyncratic opinions. Probably both.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Real shame that Real Madrid couldn't hang on. Would much rather face Borussia Dortmund than them.

BVB continue to be ridiculously overrated. Bundesliga hype on here is out of control.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Real shame that Real Madrid couldn't hang on. Would much rather face Borussia Dortmund than them.

BVB continue to be ridiculously overrated. Bundesliga hype on here is out of control.

Went even with last year's CL winner and almost no one is rushing to heap praise on their performances anyway.

Oh Edo. You know even if Arsenal somehow managed not to draw a Real Madrid type club, they'd lose to a Monaco type club in the R16 anyway. :laugh:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Monaco's much better than Arsenal right now anyway.
Monaco's much better than most teams right now.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany

BVB continue to be ridiculously overrated.

So, they finish on top of their group, not losing against Real in either game, but they're overrated because you would feel better facing them. Vintage Edo.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
How did Leicester win the EPL last year? I'm genuinely asking if there are theories as to how/why it happened. Was it just all of their players peaked at the same time? A terrible year for all of the major clubs? A combination? They're just embarrassing themselves vs Porto

Their players peaked at the same time, they had basically zero injuries to deal with, had no European competition and got bounced early in both domestic cups so they were playing a lot fewer games than their direct competition, and other top teams were in down swings or had bad years (Liverpool, United, Chelsea, City)

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Arsenal blew it last year. After they beat Leicester and were 2 points behind them, they only won 5 of their last 12 games. That was their year.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
Monaco's much better than Arsenal right now anyway.
Monaco's much better than most teams right now.

Arsenal have lost 2 games this entire season. 1st game of the year where half of their regulars weren't playing, and a cup tie where their back-ups were in. They've thrashed Chelsea, just demolished another couple of other teams this week. 29 goals scored and 10 against in their last 10 games. What more can they do?

You guys are :laugh:.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Arsenal have lost 2 games this entire season. 1st game of the year where half of their regulars weren't playing, and a cup tie where their back-ups were in. They've thrashed Chelsea, just demolished another couple of other teams this week. 29 goals scored and 10 against in their last 10 games. What more can they do?

They beat Chelsea in September. That's literally their only quality win all season.

They've been good at drawing decent teams and winnings games they should win, Monaco doesn't really fall into the category of teams Arsenal has racked up wins against this year, especially in the form they're in.

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com
They beat Chelsea in September. That's literally their only quality win all season.

They've been good at drawing decent teams and winnings games they should win, Monaco doesn't really fall into the category of teams Arsenal has racked up wins against this year, especially in the form they're in.

Monaco play in the 5th best league in Europe. Why is anybody even talking about them?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

Get your facts straight please.
Monaco is toying with defenses all season long. 49 (FORTY NINE) goals in 16 games. 9 goals in 6 CL games. Beat Tottenham twice on the way.

As of now, Monaco is THE hottest offensive team in Europe. It might be a different tune in february, but not as of now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->