Porto v Leicester City
Lyon v Sevilla
Club Brugge v Kopenhagen
Bayer v Monaco
Legia Warsaw v Sporting
Real Madrid v Dortmund
Juventus v Dinamo Zagreb

Still lots of spots that can shift.

PSG/Arsenal will take the knockout spots from group A, but are fighting for 1st with Arsenal needing a better result than PSG to overtake them (in points, not just goals)

Napoli, Benfica and Besiktas are all fighting for the top two spots. A draw guarantees Napoli a spot, otherwise the winner will take one and the loser has to rely on a result in the Besiktas/Dynamo Kyiv game.

Group C is not playing for anything. Barca win, City 2nd, Gladbach take the EL spot regardless of results.

Group D is set for the knockout spots, but Rostov and PSV are playing for the EL spot. If PSV wins they'll take it, if not Rostov takes it.

Monaco is king of group E with Leverkusen taking 2nd. Spurs currently in the EL spot, their match against CSKA will decide it. If CSKA wins they'll overtake it, if not Spurs hold onto it.

Dortmund/Real playing for the top of Group F. Real needs a win to take it away. Sporting and Legia playing for the EL spot with Legia needing the win.

Leicester takes the top of Group G so don't have anything to play for. That might help Porto as they likely need a result to keep ahead of Copenhagen. With a Copenhagen win and the Porto draw or loss, Copenhagen gets 2nd, otherwise Porto holds onto it.

Juventus play Dinamo. A win gives them the group, but they're guaranteed a knockout spot regardless. Lyon hosts Sevilla for 2nd spot. Lyon needs a 2+ goal win to overtake Sevilla, otherwise Sevilla's hopes of 4 straight Europa wins is off the table in pursuits of higher glory.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Better result for Arsenal means them winning more points, not winning by more goals.
Arsenal can win 5-0 tonight, they won't be first if PSG wins 1-0.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Interesting scenarios in groups B and G. Copenhagen with a real chance to leapfrog Porto.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
And since Brugge have to go to Anderlecht come Sunday and have nothing left to play for in the CL I expect them to rest several key players

Ah, I wouldn't have known that. Thanks.

Tough timing for Porto. At least they're at home.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Ah, I wouldn't have known that. Thanks.

Tough timing for Porto. At least they're at home.

Leicester may be resting players too, so Porto might have an easier match. Locked into the top of the group, currently 2 points away from the relegation zone domestically and entering the busy December PL schedule, they need to collect points fast if they want to feel comfortable.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Though Basel's had a few chances as well, both games could still easily turn around

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
yeah this game should turn around quickly, PSG is dominating big time. Ben Arfa is starting and playing really well in a 4-2-3-1 (finally!). Lucas-Ben Arfa-Di Maria behind Cavani, just like everyone hoped for before the season.

That said, this PSG team has a lot of work to do to make their superior talent speak.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Aurier?
I think Aurier's on the bench because of his desastrous game from last weekend.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
It's a shame that PSG don't have a proper striker to finish all of these chances.
Yeah, it's not as if they had the most productive striker in Europe, and the player who scored the most in the two games against Arsenal.
Or was it Giroud of Sanchez? Nah, I really think it was Cavani.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I know you're trolling and not even watching the game, but Cavani hasn't had a chance yet. Lucas has missed chances, Silva has hit the post, Di Maria has seen his shot saved, and Ben Arfa was blocked before shooting.
PSG are dangerous but the goalie hasn't had many saves to make so far.

ScottishCanuck

May 9, 2010
Scotland
Patrick Roberts blatantly pulled back in the box, right in front of the useless assistant behind the goals, and the referee's response is to book Lustig. Brilliant.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->