GWT: UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 1

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
where is cgf with the gladbach hype now?

Celebrating my gf nailing her interview! :)

Will watch more of the game later, but from what I saw the Kramer-Dahoud duo looked unsure of how to play together, Strobl looked uncomfortable in defense after playing as a 6 thus far in the season, Hahn blowing possessions distributed their momentum, and the skill players just weren't as sharp as they typically are. Maybe the delay threw them, cause even with BMG's road struggles that was a mess.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Celebrating my gf nailing her interview! :)

Will watch more of the game later, but from what I saw the Kramer-Dahoud duo looked unsure of how to play together, Strobl looked uncomfortable in defense after playing as a 6 thus far in the season, Hahn blowing possessions distributed their momentum, and the skill players just weren't as sharp as they typically are. Maybe the delay threw them, cause even with BMG's road struggles that was a mess.

I was kidding, anyway :nod:
Good for her!

Savi

Dec 3, 2006
Bruges, Belgium
Brugge actually had a decent game against Leicester. Should have been up 1-0 after 2 minutes on a breakaway. But we missed, and Leicester comes right back and scores thanks to a goalie error.

Oh yeah, and thanks to a **** move by Slimani, our top defender will be out for the rest of the year. At 4:25 in this video.
Kinda reminds of pushing a defenceless player into the boards in hockey. Engels has torn just about everything in his shoulder thanks to that idiot. Slimani only got a yellow.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Brugge actually had a decent game against Leicester. Should have been up 1-0 after 2 minutes on a breakaway. But we missed, and Leicester comes right back and scores thanks to a goalie error.

Oh yeah, and thanks to a **** move by Slimani, our top defender will be out for the rest of the year. At 4:25 in this video.
Kinda reminds of pushing a defenceless player into the boards in hockey. Engels has torn just about everything in his shoulder thanks to that idiot. Slimani only got a yellow.

wow, he should be suspended a couple for that, especially knowing the outcome

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011

A gutless move, but I don't think they can asess more than a yellow card there? Which is obviously BS because that move will take Engels will be out for a long time because of that...

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Gladbach were awful. City could have put at least 6 past them with some better finishing. And while City look good under Pep, he doesn't have that much talent at his disposal. He'll get the best out of some of the lesser players, but he really only has a small handful of players who I would say are at the level he's used to having.

On that note, I'm reminded of the premature and absurd call to ridicule Pep for wanting Bravo instead of Hart. Having a keeper confident and capable at passing makes it far easier to break this kind of pressing. On the other hand, City's pressing was - typically for a Guardiola team - very good and tailored to the tendencies of their particular opponent. Regardless, I expect far more intensity from Gladbach in the reverse fixture.

There was a play against Gladbach where Zabaleta was under pressure and Bravo signaled and told him to play it to him with his head. Instead Zabaleta blazed it wide of Bravo and out for a corner. I'm also not seeing enough City players providing outlets for him, which was the case against United as well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Verratti was cleared from his ridiculous second yellow against Arsenal and thus won't be suspended.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Calling it now (HUGE UPSET PICK) if Ribery and Robben stay healthy, Bayern will win the CL this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->