GWT: UEFA Champions League Group Stage Matchday 1

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Zidane left Casemiro there despite being a goal down, who added nothing while RM had possession, but instead brought on James for Kroos with about 10 minutes left in the game.. and they end up stealing another game. Vazquez was great coming in, but Zidane's luck almost is a meme at this point.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
By the way, I've watched some City games and I'm very impressed with Stones. He's raw and needs to improve a few things but he has potential to be a top-3 CB in the game, no doubt.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
ZZ was lucky today but since he replaced Rafa he has done a great job.
Totally outcoached Lucho in the 2nd Clasico and held his own in the CL final

ZZ has been lucky his whole career, not just this game.

1 game doesn't make you a good coach..and out coaching Lucho isn't saying a whole lot. Also if by holding his own, you mean holding on for dear life than yeah, i would agree.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
City is going to run away with the league. Nice to see Leicester win, they have an easy group and should go through. Real/BVB and Bayern/Atletico next round.

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Too early to write Gladbach off entirely. They were putrid away from home all of last season (15 points in the Bundesliga) and excellent at home (40 points). With that said, this match did show the limits of their play without the ball. City had very good mechanisms to confuse their highly man-oriented pressing (de Bruyne's and Aguero's movement without the ball), and Gladbach left Bravo as much time as he wanted on the ball to pick a pass time and time again. On that note, I'm reminded of the premature and absurd call to ridicule Pep for wanting Bravo instead of Hart. Having a keeper confident and capable at passing makes it far easier to break this kind of pressing. On the other hand, City's pressing was - typically for a Guardiola team - very good and tailored to the tendencies of their particular opponent. Regardless, I expect far more intensity from Gladbach in the reverse fixture.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Real Globetrotters display from Barça. Messi, Suarez and Neymar together are just too good. Neymar and Messi were the best players for me. Still I thought Andre Gomes stood out as well. He just looked so comfortable out there and his one-touch passing was superb. Some excellent goals courtesy of Iniesta and Suarez.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
On that note, I'm reminded of the premature and absurd call to ridicule Pep for wanting Bravo instead of Hart.

And nobody did that. I merely joked about Guardiola's choice blowing up in his face in his first game.
Never once said Hart was better than Bravo.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad