UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
The qualifying rounds are complete and the field of 32 is known for the draw held tomorrow at 18:00 (CET). Like last season in Pot 1 are the reigning champions, reigning EL champions and the champions of the top 6 domestic leagues, which means Lokomotiv Moscow are in this pot despite having one of the lower coefficients in the tournament.

Hoffenheim and Young Boys are making their Champions League group stage debuts while Red Star Belgrade make it for the first time since 1992 when it was still named the European Cup, the year before it was re-branded.

tGC6gkZ.jpg

Draw:

Group A
Atletico Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Monaco
Club Brugge

Group B
Barcelona
Tottenham
PSV Eindhoven
Inter

Group C
PSG
Napoli
Liverpool
Red Star Belgrade

Group D
Lokomotiv Moskva
Porto
Shalke
Galatasaray

Group E
Bayern Munich
Benfica
Ajax
AEK Athens

Group F
Manchester City
Shakhtar Donetsk
Olympique Lyonnais
Hoffenheim

Group G
Real Madrid
Roma
CSKA Moscow
Viktoria Plzen

Group H
Juventus
Manchester United
Valencia
Young Boys

Last edited by a moderator:

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Real Madrid/Barca, Dortmund, Liverpool, and Inter in one group pls.

Also, lol @ there being 5 teams in pot 3 that are better than Lokomotiv.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
lol Viktoria Plzeň and Club Brugge, This 2 teams is not cl-quality. Why do even belgium and especially czech have a free spot.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I would like Bayern, Benfica, AEK. Keep it easy, but no Russia game this time as that's too easy. The interesting teams I wanted in Pot 3 are now not an option. Also no Napoli as last time one of our fans nearly got killed, same for Roma as the Sean Cox incident is awfully fresh and will lead to problems.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United are due a big team. I wouldn't mind Barca/PSG. Don't think they've played PSG in a competitive game.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
LFC will probably be in a group of death, but that's because they are in it. As long as they can avoid one of the tough Pot 4 teams, they are in relatively good shape.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
I mean, when you consider CL knockouts leaked the day before, we all know it's predetermined. I'm kinda surprised they don't just go out and do the backroom shenanigans like the NBA used to do.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean, when you consider CL knockouts leaked the day before, we all know it's predetermined. I'm kinda surprised they don't just go out and do the backroom shenanigans like the NBA used to do.
Were they really leaked?

I think the conspiracy stuff also has pretty rational answers.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Were they really leaked?

I think the conspiracy stuff also has pretty rational answers.
Who knows?

I did have a conversation with a player who played in the champions league and a major European league who was convinced it was rigged

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad