GWT: UCL R16 Second Legs (current events talk in First Leg thread)

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He was fired when De Ligt signed. Just Allegri back has a backwards mentality. I don't see how joining Juventus is weird. Even at our worst, we are still "technically" a top team. The only thing odd is Juventus never properly rebuilt the midfield.
Not weird because Juve was bad. Weird because de Ligt could have gone anywhere and he choose the team with Chiellini and Bonucci entrenched, and he choose a team that didn’t really fit his strengths. Which is not an insult against either Juve or De Ligt (or Chiellini or Bonucci)

Juve

May 13, 2011
Somewhere around the world
Not weird because Juve was bad. Weird because de Ligt could have gone anywhere and he choose the team with Chiellini and Bonucci entrenched, and he choose a team that didn’t really fit his strengths. Which is not an insult against either Juve or De Ligt (or Chiellini or Bonucci)
He probably wanted to learn from both of them. Having especially Chiellini as mentor can do wonders. De Ligt has been fantastic. He has certainly showed he is captain material too. He has that warrior attitude like Chiellini.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He probably wanted to learn from both of them. Having especially Chiellini as mentor can do wonders. De Ligt has been fantastic. He has certainly showed he is captain material too. He has that warrior attitude like Chiellini.
Maybe? But that doesn’t mean it was the right destination for him either.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Juve (no offence to the Ms. Juve) has to be the biggest joke club at the moment right? I have absolutely no ill towards them and I don't want them to lose, but that is just pathetic results. 0-3 (agg. 1-4) against Emery is nuts and I say this thinking people bashing him goes way too damn far. Considering how good they've been since I started following football, they have fallen insane and that's with them getting certified traitor Dusan .

Pretty poor showing for Ajax as well, Portuguese teams tend to get destroyed at this point of the competition and having them actually beat you is hilarious.

Bayern and Liverpool are probably the biggest odds to win it, Bayern have no competition in BuLi and Liverpool are playing with loads of confidence even if they look vulnerable defensively. Nonetheless, if there is a year to win it for Man City, it has to be this year. You have no rebuilding Barca, no PSG, a weak Atletico, Emery, a moneyless-Chelsea (I cannot see them winning it concerning what they're going through), a toothless Real Madrid, and a club from Portugal. It gets even better if LFC and Bayern get drawn against each other in one of these next rounds.

Juve

May 13, 2011
Juve (no offence to the Ms. Juve) has to be the biggest joke club at the moment right? I have absolutely no ill towards them and I don't want them to lose, but that is just pathetic results. 0-3 (agg. 1-4) against Emery is nuts and I say this thinking people bashing him goes way too damn far. Considering how good they've been since I started following football, they have fallen insane and that's with them getting certified traitor Dusan .

Pretty poor showing for Ajax as well, Portuguese teams tend to get destroyed at this point of the competition and having them actually beat you is hilarious.

Bayern and Liverpool are probably the biggest odds to win it, Bayern have no competition in BuLi and Liverpool are playing with loads of confidence even if they look vulnerable defensively. Nonetheless, if there is a year to win it for Man City, it has to be this year. You have no rebuilding Barca, no PSG, a weak Atletico, Emery, a moneyless-Chelsea (I cannot see them winning it concerning what they're going through), a toothless Real Madrid, and a club from Portugal. It gets even better if LFC and Bayern get drawn against each other in one of these next rounds.

No offence taken. I already know this team is embarrassing and pathetic. If could go into that lockerroom I'd slap them all out.

Last edited:
Reactions: S E P H

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Bayern are a bit off this year, sometimes watching them in the Bundesliga is like watching PSG in Ligue 1, they're gonna win it but at random times the wheels just seem to come off.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I don’t think it’s weird if you consider that they were likely offering him the most money and he’s on big wages. That said to be fair to him he did say that he wanted to play either at Juventus or in Serie A and become a better defender.

Apart from the other day he’s actually having a good season is he not? At least based on what I’ve read. I figure you watch him all the time so you can tell me. And would you say that playing in a 352 formation doesn’t help him? That’s the impression I’m getting.

Juve

May 13, 2011
I don’t think it’s weird if you consider that they were likely offering him the most money and he’s on big wages. That said to be fair to him he did say that he wanted to play either at Juventus or in Serie A and become a better defender.

Apart from the other day he’s actually having a good season is he not? At least based on what I’ve read. I figure you watch him all the time so you can tell me. And would you say that playing in a 352 formation doesn’t help him? That’s the impression I’m getting.
He has been fantastic from the start. He's good in the 352 and a back 4. I can't complain. The only thing I wish he do more is take more initiative in the offensive part of his game. Take more risky or forward passes instead passing it sideways. Be a bit more like Bonucci in that part of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: les Habs

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
why on earth is 2 games being played at 21.00? cant belive there is not more critic against this.

they should have one game at 18..00

Reactions: luiginb

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad