News Article: UCF fans take issue with Las Vegas Golden Knights' national anthem twist

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Hey Knights fans I just wanted to congratulate you all on a great season and to say I was very happy when you defeated the Jets in the Conference Finals and I was rooting for you in the Finals.

Anyway not sure if you know about this but apparently fans of the UCF Knights from the University of Central Florida in Orlando are upset that you all seem to copy them by screaming the word "Knight" during the playing of the us national anthem. Here is a link about this from the Orlando Sentinal and if you don't want to click the link here is some of what was said.

UCF fans take issue with Las Vegas Golden Knights' national anthem twist

Late in the anthem, Johnson modified his rendition of the line, “Gave proof through the night.”

Johnson didn’t sing the word “night” and fans in the arena instead shouted “Knights” in unison.

This, of course, is one of UCF’s longest running traditions and one Knight fans believe make them unique.

Pirate Deadpool

Mar 3, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I saw this a week ago. It's stupid. There's other teams that do the same thing. Atlanta Braves and the KC Chiefs do the chop, Florida Gators and the San Jose Sharks do the chomp, and there's gotta be a lot of other things that multiple teams do.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Sadly, in this country at least, it's become trendy to be chronically offended and victimized. Perhaps if the UCF fans retreat to their safe spaces and spend some time petting on their comfort peacocks, they'll find some closure. :laugh:
They are the same school who are calling themselves the 2017 National Champions, having ring ceremonies and hanging up banners claiming all of that, even though it's all unofficial and they think this since they went undefeated, because Alabama won the National Championship in the eyes of the NCAA.

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad