UBS Arena: Road Trippin'- Home Opener 11/20 vs. CGY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Not ideal, but a heavy home scheduled 2nd half should be a big plus for this team heading into the playoffs. Trotz could rest people and get some kids some games where he can control the matchups.
Plus, teams build chemistry on the road, and by all accounts, we're going to have a handful of new faces on the team this year.

Reactions: JKP

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Sort of weird we don't play a game for 5 days from Oct 25-29) which works out great for me since I was just lining up my work schedule(shift work) to the Islanders schedule. That is one week I don't have to worry I work Evenings. lol

That's the "bye" week. Every team gets one.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
It is to be expected that NY/NJ teams have the most back-to-backs since we're so close. Same with LA/ANA

Our road or split back-to-backs:
at ARZ, VGK
at WIN, MIN
at TB, FLA
at SEA, VAN
at LA, ANA
(Those are all "travel partners," not bad)

DAL at home, at PHI (not bad)
at BOS, home vs TB (not bad)

at BUF, home vs CAR
at PIT, at MON
ARZ at home, at TOR
at DET, home vs CHI (oof)
I'm not worried about the ones that are close, im worried about that arizona/toronto and pittsburgh/montreal one

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
Also I hope there is no more delays at this point. They gotta get this arena done in time by November

Reactions: joekono

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
On a related note, are we still waiting on the Isles preseason schedule, other than the 2 Flyers games we know about? Seems we're one of the last teams to announce that?

Green

Nov 13, 2019
I don't know if this was mentioned, but are the pre-season games going to be at Nassau? I can see even with Belmont up maybe once a year having a pre-season game there, and I do bet sometime over the next decade or 2 there will be at least 1 more regular season game there for whatever reason

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I don't know if this was mentioned, but are the pre-season games going to be at Nassau? I can see even with Belmont up maybe once a year having a pre-season game there, and I do bet sometime over the next decade or 2 there will be at least 1 more regular season game there for whatever reason
Bridgeport

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Bridgeport
I think it would be a bad look for the franchise and send a wrong message to the fans if we don't close the book on Nassau Coliseum right now, once and for all. We should not do a "Farewell to the Coliseum-The Aftermath" this exhibition season.

joekono

Apr 29, 2016
Roxbury,New Jersey
Also I hope there is no more delays at this point. They gotta get this arena done in time by November
tenor.gif

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't understand why we don't play a few home games at the start of the season at the Ronkonkoma Costco/DekHockey complex that they built in an effort to lure an NHL team?

I'll believe that complex exists when there are shovels in the ground.

Reactions: doublechili
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad